Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New open gun questions

magpulled

I've had a new to me open gun for a few months now and haven't really shot it except to chrono. I've been focused on some production goals. 

My gun has a cmore red dot and a somewhat big mount imo. I'm thinking about shooting it sooner than I'd planned. I want to swap to an Everglades ammo mount and a rts2 soon but funds are preventing that at the moment. If I start shooting it now will it be a difficult adjustment when I change the mount and optic. If it's gonna be a difficult transition I'd rather wait but if you guys who've made the change say it's not a big deal I'll probably go ahead and shoot it. One more question, I'm thinking about saving for a few months and having a gun built the way I want it. If I do end up having one built in the near future should I just leave this gun the way it is and put the money towards a new gun ? My thinking is the optic and mount should be identical on both. 

Thanks !!

I don't think the transition will be too bad.  I run an RTS2 on both my Open guns.  It is 'relatively' close to iron sights.  I think the old C-Mores are higher enough to potentially make the initial transition require some effort.

Just made this swap from slide ride to romeo 3 with brazos mount, little to no hold over for the close shot and easier to get to the racker when needed.  I dry fired it a few days prior to match and never even had to catch myself remembering the new better setup. Ire was a smooth transition