Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DQ and shooting classifier

RN826

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 0:42 AM, RN826 said:

I was at a match recently where 2 RO's DQ'd a shooter for ammo at the safe area.  Later in the match, he shot the classifier stage "with special permission from the MD/RM". Anyone hear of this happening before?  Also the MD happens to be the section coordinator as well, and it was one of his best friends that was the shooter that was DQ'd

The above is the OP.  It seems to answer two questions.  Apparently the classifier was a part of the match (not separate), so 10.3.1 applies.  And it was apparently a buddy of the RM, so my thought above still applies.

2 minutes ago, teros135 said:

The above is the OP.  It seems to answer two questions.  Apparently the classifier was a part of the match (not separate), so 10.3.1 applies.  And it was apparently a buddy of the RM, so my thought above still applies.

A lot of times match stages are shot for reasons external to a match (stage left as is for practice, mulligans/options tested after the match, running it with a buddies gun, etc) I have never heard of a problem with this.  A couple local clubs do not break every stage down until preparing for the next match so some of their stages may be shot for a month + - . If the guy shot as part of a squad during the match that would be a violation of the rules. 

Other thought is that just because someone is your friend does not mean that it would be wrong to be nice to them. 

Did the person have the classifier score submitted to USPSA, or was he just "a guest of the range" at that time?

It was going to be submitted until one of the ro's that DQ'd the shooter called the MD after the match and confronted him about it, so he changed it in practicescore. He tried to use the excuse that he didn't know the shooter was DQ'd and a couple others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, RN826 said:

It was going to be submitted until one of the ro's that DQ'd the shooter called the MD after the match and confronted him about it, so he changed it in practicescore. He tried to use the excuse that he didn't know the shooter was DQ'd and a couple others

:blink: Maybe Practiscore should implement a feature that allows the scorekeeper to annotate when someone's been disqualified, and for what infraction on what stage.

:blink: Maybe Practiscore should implement a feature that allows the scorekeeper to annotate when someone's been disqualified, and for what infraction on what stage.

Maybe Practiscore already did that long time ago

...and somebody "forgot" to press the DQ button [emoji33]

The DQ button was pressed...he tried to claim the iPads "weren't synced" when they were since he walked over to the classifier stage, stating that he got special permission to shoot it, then un-DQ'd himself in the iPad and shot

The DQ button was pressed...he tried to claim the iPads "weren't synced" when they were since he walked over to the classifier stage, stating that he got special permission to shoot it, then un-DQ'd himself in the iPad and shot

FYI, there is a Notifications screen where you can see all DQs, unDQs and other events of interest for MD and RM...