Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whose Extractor Did I Break?

ErikW

Gotta love inventing new and unique ways to break things.

No Dude, you've got to love taking better photos!!!! I can't tell for sure but it looks like a series 80 extractor.

Just buy any of the name brand extractors. I've had good and bad luck with all of them keeping tension, breaking, etc... The fitting and tuning are more important than the brand (as long as it's a quality part.)

Nolan

Hi all,

I have 2 in my collection that broke at the ser 80 cut out, hard to tell from the photo. we have a "staff" scientist now that does or analasis and we would like to see the part regardless of who's it is. if it is ours we will cheerfully replace it free.

I would always recomend ser 70 if you are not using the ser 80 mech.

geo

It's an Ed Brown; I checked my Brownells order history. I'm sorry for suggesting it's an EGW, George, but I mostly buy your parts. I should have done so with this part, which I estimate lasted just under a year.

So that dished out area if for the Series 80 firing pin block?

I think the spare I put in is an EGW. :)

• 2 weeks later...

DOH! Cleaning my gun today I discovered my new extractor is hitting my barrel. I must have shot 500-1000 rounds with it. I filed the extractor and did the blue Sharpie trick and all seems well. I hope I didn't stress the extractor.