Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open/Limited shooters, holster in 1o'clock/2o'clock position?

ScottieShootz

Occasionally I see someone with an appendix area holster on their belt for Open/Limited.  Anyone on here holster this way?  Considering daily is appendix for me, I may make the tested training switch of my Open gun to a 1o'clock position. I'm just curious how a seated start would go if the open gun is holstered.......   

Side note, I had started playing with my holster set up in limited but ultimately found, that while I was still shooting single stack and working range classes, keeping everything in the 3o'clock position meant 1 draw stroke no matter the gun.  My racemaster holster also dug into the side of my leg when shooting through low ports as well when I moved it forward.  I'm going to order the Alpha X and see if that fixes the annoyance issue I have. 

8 minutes ago, TennJeep1618 said:

The Alpha X is much more comfortable than a Race Master to me.  I found that about 2:30 is my favorite position.  I've never tried anything as far forward as 1 o'clock, but I just don't see that being comfortable.

That is good to know.  Didn't realize you ran the alpha x.  I should pay more attention in the instagram videos. 

7 minutes ago, ScottieShootz said:

That is good to know.  Didn't realize you ran the alpha x.  I should pay more attention in the instagram videos. 

I've been using it since sometime in December.  Not only is it more comfortable (doesn't dig into my hip), the adjustment is much better than the Race Master.  

24 minutes ago, TennJeep1618 said:

I've been using it since sometime in December.  Not only is it more comfortable (doesn't dig into my hip), the adjustment is much better than the Race Master.  

I'm still rocking the thumb adjustment version of the racemaster. ...... if it works, I tend to not move on from it when it comes to $200 holsters.   I wonder if I can even get $100 for it now.  Or maybe stick the alpha-x in the mill and drill the hole for my thumb adjuster.  haha

3 hours ago, TennJeep1618 said:

The Alpha X is much more comfortable than a Race Master to me.  I found that about 2:30 is my favorite position.  I've never tried anything as far forward as 1 o'clock, but I just don't see that being comfortable.

I think so too. I got mine this past December and have used it twice. Rock solid, and you really don't know it's there.

I've had a couple of glitches with the magnet not resetting, but that could be me.

I wear it just in front of the right hip bone. That would be about 2:30, I guess.