Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier Workshop

The idea:

I thought it might be good if we helped USPSA out. Call it...put up or shut up, on our part.

Lets design some classifer worthy stages. Post them, in detail here on the forum. Let everybody comment and tweak them. After we get enough of them tuned up, we can send them off to USPSA as a "book" for cosideration for the next round of classifiers.

Lets start a new thread for each stage design that is submitted.

Put the word "classifier" in the title some place.

Design what you want, but remember that match directors don't often run classifers that are too prop heavy.

Great idea Flex!

Let's post as much detail as possible in these. Including written walk-thrus, bill of materials, stage diagrams, score sheets, etc.

IMHO a well written walk-thru is a major key to ensuring that everone runs the COF the same way, every time, every where. Without it, there is too much room for interpretation.

My 2 cents.

The theory is/was that these stages went into the pool for use at "big matches" or in the classifier book.

Given the law of averages there have to be a few really good stages sitting in that pile...somewhere.

Just for grins....if your club runs one of these stages, set up per the diagram just as if it was a classifier, post the results in that stage's thread (don't need names, USPSA #s, just division, classification and HHF).

With enough data we should be able to make a fairly well educated guess as to what the HHF would be if that particular stage were to become a classifier.

• 8 months later...

What about resurrecting some of the older classifiers no longer used?

I've gone through some shooter's classification history and some of the older ones look good. Not sure why they aren't used anymore.

• 6 months later...

I sit here completely frustrated trying to put together stage ideas for our club match this weekend. We've all shot the old 99 series classifiers so many times that they are boring, and the new 03 and 06 series have so many "holes" in them that the majority of them are useless as classifiers. How many clubs have four floor standing full size steel hardcover targets they can whip out? Why make cubs construct new props that will only be used once and then have to be stored for years?

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to Flex for getting these started. I had forgotten about them but now I'm going to try to turn some of my frustration into energy, stop complaining and start contributing etc. With any luck we can improve our sport ourselves.

John

Somebody told me that new classifiers needed to be shot in a Major match to get into the classifier book.

I don't know if that is the case or not. I am sure they want to have something to base the high hit factors off of.

When you take the CRO course, the "final" is designing two stages....a Classifier stage and a Field Course. It's my understanding from JA, that many of the CRO Classifiers stages are considered for becoming actual classifiers.

[stage info and linked edited out and put in it's own thread]

Edited by Flexmoney

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...