Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to forums and New Match

homewrecker07

11 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

In many cases you can lose 2 pounds of trigger weight just from this, but the primary benefit is that the trigger movement will be smooth as glass.

Man, I really haven't shot enough guns to know what's "smooth as glass". I can barely tell with if this trigger is "gritty"

On the SAO match gun, there are fewer things  you need to polish.

The plunger assembly is #1.

Trigger bar is #2

Firing pin, firing pin block and their holes are #3

Hammer strut #4

Break the bottom edge of the breech face (1/32" 45degree chamfer ).

If you want to work on all these modifications,  that is great and they will make the gun very nice and teach you a lot about how the gun works.  However, the Match can be pretty nice with a Wolff 14# hammer spring, grips of your choice and around 800-1000 rounds through it.

^ actually using the factory spring with polishing will make it as light pulling, but more reliable with all ammo.

As the OP is new, greater reliability is imho, more important than a few oz lighter.

1 hour ago, johnbu said:

As the OP is new, greater reliability is imho, more important than a few oz lighter.

Devil's Advocate time... Because he's new?

Do you know a lot of GMs with unreliable guns? I don't. ;) 

It's the C's and Bs who are tinkering away with borderline-reliable things. The Glocks "tuned" for Limited division are a perfect example

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 1/16/2017 at 10:09 AM, homewrecker07 said:

Omg I've only been on the forums a week and there's so much info. Already ordered a set of EGDs and havent even live fired it yet. About polishing parts, what should I start with on my Match? 

Honestly, with my Match I just replaced the hammer spring to a slightly lighter spring and shot it. The single action trigger was nice for me out of the box. If you want to go start chasing trigger pull weights then we can give you a better idea of what to do.

FWIW my Match is about 4 years old and had better machined parts than my 2016 production Limited Pro so I don't know if the new Match guns will have rough internals too now. I would focus on the plunger check to see if you get a zipper feel when pulling the trigger..... but it'd be hard to tell since the SAO trigger doesn't move that much!

Just be aware that you can adjust the factory trigger for over and pre travel. Just don't adjust the over-travel so tight that you can feel the sear catch when holding the trigger back and moving the hammer with your finger.

Oh yeah. The "experienced" folks already know how to cuss.  New guy would neef to learn what #*@!*&# means and how to pronounce it!

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Devil's Advocate time... Because he's new?

Do you know a lot of GMs with unreliable guns? I don't. ;) 

It's the C's and Bs who are tinkering away with borderline-reliable things. The Glocks "tuned" for Limited division are a perfect example

My match has the factory hammer spring and a sub 3# trigger.  there isn't  any real stack or grit due to the polish.

A buddy and me both have SAO CZ's.I have found hammer spring weight to influence trigger pull very little. My friend has done more testing as he has a Kadet .22 upper and hammer springs are very important for hard rimfire primers. You have to increase them a LOT to even start to make an impression on the trigger pull. I use the factory spring and it will light anything every time. No reason to jack around with it because the trigger is like 2.8 lbs. They need almost no polishing as well, as others have noted. Just my limited experience.

If I could find a decent magwell for the Match I would buy one tomorrow! Nice guns.

So I bought a pair of EGD Xtreme grips from someone on the forums because they look amazing. Not to say the Henning contours don't look nice, I loved the flash of the EGDs.

They come in today and I get to work installing them.

6Do0PFr.jpg

They look great.

SkYNhaO.jpg

Left side comes off easy, but what's this marring?

0XsQE9t.jpg

Argh! Must've missed it during PDI... I'll try to polish it out but looks pretty deep.

KJbzETj.jpg

Hmm, maybe these were custom for a magwell.

gdirD9q.jpg

Gaps... most notable in the corner.

bQXO1Dl.jpg

Thickness comparison

mg1OhyI.jpg

They're "speed holes"...

y3euaGh.jpg

I mean they do look good... Would I be able to get over the gaps?

SoeT8Is.jpg

Incase I ever forget who makes these...

Atleast the new EGD screws went in smoothly.

According to the serial number, my frame was imported on 8/12/2015. I was hearing some EGD's don't fit certain years and this maybe the case. I'm going to try it out on the range first, if I don't like it, I'll put them on the classifieds.