Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about T3 disco contacts the frame

highhope

First of all, I found the the head (shown in the green circle ) of T3 disco will contact with the Stock 2 frame, and contact surface is rough . My friend told me the disco in his cz75 shadow does not contact. My question is "do they mechanically have to contact or not? If not, can I file some metal to make T3 not contact with the frame to reduce the pull weight further? Thanks....

Update: I have found that the head (shown in the green circle ) of T3 must contact with the ramp of the frame to support the hammer to go far enough to reach the DA break point. Just polish the contact surfaces on both T3 and frame, that will reduce the pull weight about 8oz. Do not file too much material on the disco, or you will lose the DA and destroy the disco. 

12.png

Edited by highhope

8 minutes ago, ARy said:

You're using a disconnector made for a CZ. Did you know there is one available for Tanfoglios now?

Edit: if you insist on using a CZ disconnector, what problem (s) are you having?

Edit 2: I feel like we're getting trolled...

Thanks man, I already have a T3 disco so don't want to spend more money to get a new "Tanfo" one. As I said, my problem is the T3 disco contacts with the frame, which will introduce some friction. My question is "do they mechanically have to contact or not? If not, I will polish the T3 head till not contact.

Edited by highhope

3 hours ago, highhope said:

Thanks man, I already have a T3 disco so don't want to spend more money to get a new "Tanfo" one. As I said, my problem is the T3 disco contacts with the frame, which will introduce some friction. My question is "do they mechanically have to contact or not? If not, I will polish the T3 head till not contact.

BOLO is your answer. whether you like it or not.

3 hours ago, PatriotDefense said:

It is normal for your interrupter to touch the ramp on the frame, however if it contacts it to much it can cause your sear to sit off of the hammer hooks. Are you having any issues or are you just wandering if thats normal?

Thank you. I was just wandering if that's normal. And I found the interrupter or disco has to contact with the ramp on the frame to support the hammer far enough to reach the DA break point. If file too much material on the head of the disco, the DA will not break.