Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Food And Catering

DJPoLo

In planning for a big (100+ shooters) match, who do you call about having food available for purchase and comp. meals for the staff?

Just looking for suggestions...

-Chet

Chet,

Start in the yellow pages under catering. If you know some body that works in the food industry, call them for advice. Make sure to let them know if you have a clubhouse, kitchen, or nothing. I helped with food at a wedding reception that was held in a state park, no kitchen, just coolers. Good luck! :)

Many fast food franchises like Subway and Taco Bell have mobile carts that they use for sporting event concession stands. They will usually want a guaranteed minimum and have a very limited menu but it works fairly well.

Most large grocery stores that have deli sections will also cater...at least around here they do.

Man, you live in the heart of BBQ country. Check around for someone that has a tow-behind that is looking to make a few extra bucks. I have a SMALL, backyard unit, and I can easily throw 8 boston butts on it, which will give you enough meat to easily feed that many. I will lay you odds that there are small outfits around you, that fit the bill. Here locally, there is a guy that makes some great Cajun BBQ. It is based out of a trailer, that he takes to events that he is invited to.

• 3 months later...

Here in Jackson, we have a State Fair every year. There are a ton of food vendors at those things. Pick the ones with good food and get their card/number. They are usually completely self contained and you can sometimes work deals with them like free food/drinks for the RO's, a portion of their take, etc. depending on how many shooters you will likely have and for how many days.

John