Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

K Frames For Ipsc ?

Jerry V

I've been noticing a few people are using K frames in matches, was wondering how it is working out for you. Been considering getting my 66 set up for a try at IPSC, since I shoot Steel with it much better than I do with the 610. Just a thought.

I've been noticing a few people are using K frames in matches, was wondering how it is working out for you. Been considering getting my 66 set up for a try at IPSC, since I shoot Steel with it much better than I do with the 610. Just a thought.

I shot a model 10 in USPSA for many years and had great luck with it. I still think my reloads with JetLoaders were faster than my best time with moon clips.

One advantage you have with the 610 is that you can make Major which is a big advantage if you don't hit all A's and C's. You definately can't afford a D shooting Minor.

If you can't find JetLoaders, get Safariland Comp IIIs. There are a few tricks to making them work even faster so if you do it give me an e-mail and I'll try to talk you through it.

Shooting major in a K frame would beat the gun up pretty good. Even minor loads will eventually take its toll.

I use a 66/15 in IDPA/USPSA when I'm not doing the glock thing. I enjoy it, but I do better in USPSA with a 625, mostly because of the major scoring.

Ted

JerryV,

I have a 586 being moonclipped for Mrs. Airedale. I originally was going towards a 9mm setup but have decided on .38 Special.

I hope to have it back this week and give it a test run. It's an L frame and hopefully will fit her hands better than an N frame with grips ground down.

Dave

AD,

The L frames are #1 in my opinion, used to have a 4" 586 no dash, they are one of the best. I sold mine to a friend so I could afford my first 686+ a 4" and just recently had a 3" barrel installed on my second 686+ (was a 2.5").

Let me know how the moonclip conversion works out, have thought of picking up a 6 shot 686 or 586 for the same purpose.

So many options .... :wacko: