Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tx 3-gun --- Loved It

I thought the staff did a Excellent job on the stages. You could see they put alot of time/effort/and money into this match. This was the 3rd year I have shot it and it gets better every year. I will go next year for sure.

Thank You San Angelo Staff!

Garret

This was my first year shooting the TX State 3-gun and also shooting at the San Angelo range. It was a great match. There was a lot of props in this match. The RO's did a great job. They were out in the heat all day and were very fair and friendly. There was also a great prize table. Everyone that shot the match and got a prize from the prize table should drop theses companys an e-mail and thank them for donating the prizes they did. Also a big thanks to Cavalry Arms. They donated I think 7 of there lowers. I won one of them. Again a great match. Hope to make back next year. B)

I was the R.O. on Stage 9, "Dime Slide". A 30-round shotgun field course including six poppers calibrated with slugs. :o

Wow.

Other than one DQ (sorry Eldon), that was a fun stage to R.O..

Taran Butler, Kurt Miller and James Darst were absolutely amazing to watch in action.

The 10 stages in this championship were among the very best that I have ever seen in my <cough> 15+ years at this game.

I would encourage the match to go to a three-day format. My only constructive criticism.

An outstanding job for all involved.

-Chet

I'm just curious - in shooting 3-gun, it's possible to just DQ out of one or two guns??? I noticed in the scores that in at least one case, a shooter has a non-zero match score, but DQ-ed out of shotgun and rifle?? I'd have thought you'd end up DQ'ed for the whole match???

I'm just curious - in shooting 3-gun, it's possible to just DQ out of one or two guns??? I noticed in the scores that in at least one case, a shooter has a non-zero match score, but DQ-ed out of shotgun and rifle?? I'd have thought you'd end up DQ'ed for the whole match???

From what I understand: If you have completed the pistol match and then DQ on shotgun, then your pistol stages stand as recorded. If you had not yet completed your rifle match, you may not continue on with any more rifle stages.

You can then figure out all the multiple possible combinations to the scenario offered above. :wacko:

It's three seperate matches.

Chime in if I'm off base on this one.

-Chet

For a bad back injury I see that Benny Hill did pretty well considering he was in absolute agony. Talked to him today and he can barely get around. Hope he gets well soon.

I loved it, Last years match was my first USPSA match at all, Heck I bought a shotgun the week I went to the match and as far as my AR I had know Idea what my zero was. I practiced alot this past year just for this match and loved it. The Group from San Angelo goes way out to think of great courses of Fire. The Crazy Train was the best. Thank you to everybody and a special thanks to the RO's who did not get much of a break on Sat in the Heat.

Khan