Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster Gap Rule for Single Stack

Fuzz

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 9:54 AM, teros135 said:

Shouldn't we be looking at whether the gun sits where it should on the belt and the body when the shooter is in their normal starting position, not some artificial position that moves the equipment around?

The hanger doesn't change the position of the gun; it keeps it in position.  The DAA and Stoeger hangers, for instance, are rigid and keep the whole rig in the same position all the time.  The Blade-Tec drop-offset hanger seems to have some flex and used to push the gun out beyond the 2" boundary (have they fixed this?).

BTW, the rule reads 2 inches, not "2 inches at some point in the day".  I'd say if it's not 2 inches at all points in time it needs to be adjusted.

That kind of went out the window when they allowed the measurement to be taken with your equipment off.  Not sure why that change was made.  Before that exemption was added, I had to add washers to the bottom of my DOH hanger to bring my 45oz Production gun to within 2".  I've since changed to a BOSS hanger, but I wouldn't have to add the washers to the DOH anymore.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images