Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More: Polymer to Aluminum Body Replacement

Big Guy

Need to replace the body of one of my polymer C-Mores and thinking to go with an aluminum body.

Regarding the diodes, I understand the diodes for the polymer body need to be somewhat modified to fit the aluminum body.

How much of a modification is needed and will the modified diodes also fit a polymer body?

• 10 months later...
On October 13, 2017 at 11:27 AM, Magictalent said:

Called C-more, they have very good customer service.

I just need to mail the optic to them and they will fix it and send me the bill.

Hello: Make sure to ask them for an approximate amount it will cost to fix it. I have a friend who sent one in and they said the total is $180. I have 4 I need to send them but I am scared it may cost more to fix them than buying new ones on sale. Thanks, Eric

I asked C-MORE if i could buy a aluminium body and try the replacement myself. They said i can send it in and quoted me $129 for the replacement + return shipping. I'll prolly throw it in the trash , don't seem worth it . 

42 minutes ago, Sprig said:

I asked C-MORE if i could buy a aluminium body and try the replacement myself. They said i can send it in and quoted me $129 for the replacement + return shipping. I'll prolly throw it in the trash , don't seem worth it . 

Hello: Why not just get another plastic body and see what that will cost. It used to be $75 plus shipping. Thanks, Eric

Thanks, will ask .The issue i had with the plastic body was the windage lock screw would shoot loose and after blowing a match on long range steel due to that, i cranked it tight and cracked the body. Before i switched to the Delta point, i had it glued in place after the crack kept getting worse . I fought it through a few matches and really dont care to go through that again. Unsure what its worth on the used market with it repaired as i wont be going back to it so would prolly only have it repaired to sell it .