Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"at Home" Defensive Driving Course

Sharyn

AAaaargh! I'm on another mandatory 10 minute break from my "at home - do it yourself" Defensive Driving course DVD crap. While the "at home" option has it's benefits... it also SUCKS!!! Actually, I'm not sure it's the course that sucks or the 50 million telemarketers that keep interrupting my "class"...

BTW, the speeding ticket on the way to Ladies Camp wasn't my fault, of course... it was Athena's fault for engaging me in interesting conversation... :P stoopid eyelash-immune DPS officer... sheesh!

Oh hell... I'm just pissed and in a bad mood... checked the mail and instead of my expected $89 Federal Tax refund :rolleyes: ... I got a "you owe us" $1200+ and $6.43 interest fees. GAH!!!

screw today!!!

wait...

SCREW THIS WEEK!!!

:angry:

where's the Friday Flamer when I need it???...

edit: I'm not done beotching yet.

...and I CHOKED at Area 6, too! :angry:

I want my gun back so I can go practice. :(

AAaaargh!  I'm on another mandatory 10 minute break from my "at home - do it yourself" Defensive Driving course DVD crap.

Gah... I hate that. I've done it online twice, now.... :angry: I hate the forced breaks... Next time, I'll do the DVD, and copy the damn thing first, so I can skip all the breaks....

BTW, the speeding ticket on the way to Ladies Camp wasn't my fault, of course... it was Athena's fault for engaging me in interesting conversation... :P  stoopid eyelash-immune DPS officer... sheesh!

My last one was for doing 58 in a 45. The only thing was - I was a few hundred yards from the speed change down from 55 - the cop was sitting right over the line. I was only going 3mph over. He insisted I wasn't. I went back and checked, and I was right. A**hole. That was in Montgomery County, out near y'all. I couldn't afford to take off from work, spend a night in a hotel, etc, just to fight it. A**hole.....

Oh hell... I'm just pissed and in a bad mood... checked the mail and instead of my expected $89 Federal Tax refund  :rolleyes: ... I got a "you owe us" $1200+ and $6.43 interest fees.  GAH!!!

Don't get me started on Legal Federal Robbery, uh, I mean income taxes and the IRS :angry::angry::angry:

where's the Friday Flamer when I need it???...

Don't sweat it - you just started this week's early!!!! :lol:

The best defensive driving course in Houston used to be at the "Cadillac" on Shepard and I-10. Nothing beats sitting in a bar, drinking Maragaritias to get out of a ticket , and driving home :D Gotta love Texas!

I just did one of the online DD classes and there aren't any 10-minute breaks.. every page has a timer on it.. two minutes, three minutes, whatever. Way longer than each page takes to read three times, but it's gotta add to 8 or 10 hours or whatever. Gawd that was painful. But it got done, and at least I could surf BE while waiting for the timer to run down. That was OK.

This is an "I Hate" thread... shut up, Mark. :P

Dave... unfortunately I am doing the DVD version. You watch an hour of video then you have to go online to take the test for that section... (and repeat, SIX FRIGGIN' TIMES!!!). If you try to log in to the online test early (<1 hour 10 minutes since the last time) it blocks your access... That's why I'm hangin' out in the Hate forum. :lol:

Yeah, Roy... I started this crap at 2pm... it's now 9:30pm. :blink:

4 sections down and 2 to go... UGH!!!

Just out of curiosity: What does taking this class get you? No points? No insurance surcharge? I just pay the ticket when I get one --- if it's a really good ticket (more than 15 over the limit) I pay insurance surcharges too......

If I generate more than six points in any three year period, the state gets to collect some surcharges too...... Fortunately I've avoided that since my early twenties.....

If I just paid the ticket, it would've cost $150 and points on my driving record. Being new to Texas, I'm not sure if that would raise my insurance rates or not, but it would in California so I opted for the course. Also, the ticket was 'only' $95 if I took the class (and no points). The course cost $39.99 so, if nothing else, it's cheaper. :D

In CA I would have had to pay the fine, plus the course, plus certificate fees, plus 8% of the value of my car, plus the psychiatric counseling required for the officer suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder resulting from having to pull over otherwise law-abiding motor vehiclists, plus... :rolleyes:

I do love Texas. :wub:

I'm still not done beotching... is it Friday yet?

There's no water in the pool on the ONE day I'd like to go swimming... WTH?!?!? verymad.gif

Dave... unfortunately I am doing the DVD version.  You watch an hour of video then you have to go online to take the test for that section... (and repeat, SIX FRIGGIN' TIMES!!!).  If you try to log in to the online test early (<1 hour 10 minutes since the last time) it blocks your access...  That's why I'm hangin' out in the Hate forum.  :lol:

Ah, that's how they get you. I thought they might use tricky DVD programming to make you watch ten minutes of whatever in between sections or something. You can get around all that by copying the DVD... but, that's not the case, so... d'oh...

I agree with Roy - if you have to take this pain again, do it online - at least you can surf BE during the breaks :(

And, yeah, taking the class does keep those points off your license, and those points will be reported to your insurance company (should they ask), and they *WILL* raise your rates.... far cheaper to take the course....

My mom just had to do one and spent three nights doing it because of the tests and their time limits. She did it through Blockbuster.

I got a ticket recently. I'm gonna contest it. I do enjoy fighting The Man.

She did it through Blockbuster.

Same here. :D

11 hours 30 minutes later... I'm done! Yay!!!

I hope y'all feel just a little safer on the Texas roads now that I'm a learned motorist.

:P