Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock ii... Am I Missing Something

jw3378

Howdy gentlemen, newby here on the forums. Been shooting single stock for awhile, but after a moderate amount of use with a stock ii and a very appealing price, I'm jumping into production class.

That being said after some extensive reading I have come up with my parts list and just wanna make sure everything looks reasonable and that I didnt miss anything. Any other recommendations are more then welcome. Thanks in advance gentlemen.

Looking for ideas on trigger return spring.

Xtreme EAA / Tanfoglio Witness Interruptor 

EGD Xtreme EAA / Tanfoglio Witness Titan Hammer by Eric Grauffel 

EGD Xtreme EAA / Tanfoglio Witness Large Frame Firing Pin DA/SA by Eric Grauffel 

EAA / Tanfoglio Witness Reduced Weight Hammer Spring by Patriot Defense

10LB

EAA / Tanfoglio Witness Optimized Firing Pin Spring by Patriot Defense 

And save your money on the Xtreme firing pin. Your gun comes with one identical in weight and length. The IPSC just need a slicker finish since they cannot polish their internals.

If you're swapping to the Titan hammer, might as well toss a BOLO in for sure.

Patriot Defense BOLO

Xtreme sear

FO front sight from Dawson

PD firing pin spring

PD Trigger & Sear springs

8 or 10 lb recoil spring

XP extractor spring

PD hammer spring. Generally 10 lights federals, 13 or 14 eats absolutely everything.

Factory mags are still $15 each from CDNN Sports.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

The gun comes with the extreme interruptor.  get the bolo, if you want something to dramatically shorten reset.

With polishing, the 13pd hammer will light off nearly everything, but the 14 is a better bet. Especially initially as the internals will still be smoothing out (even with polidhing). No sense suffering any issues as the gun breaks in.

PD also has trigger return spring and sear spring.  those help too.

Shoot it in a match stock first. That way any issues come up and you can warranty it.

After that, polish all the guts with blue magic or similar and a dremel with a felt wheel. 

If you reload cartridges, try to use Winchester primers, since feds are impossible to find. And seat the primers as deep as possible.

Then do a bolo, xtreme one piece sear, PD firing pin spring, 13lbs hammer spring, titan hammer, trigger return spring, and canik floating trigger pin (for ease of assembly when removing the trigger group. Some people use the ball point click pen spring for the trigger plinger... But I use a CZ firing pin spring from Cajun Gun Works. PD also has a plunger spring. 

As far as fiber optic sight, I still use the standard, but I am going to swap to a Dawson. 

The return spring is your own feel, I use a 10lbs return spring but some go with 8lbs. I've run both, just prefer the 10lbs spring. Seems to get into battery better.

The polish job is very important. I polish the bolo, hammer strut, bottom of sear cage, side of hammer and trigger, trigger plunger, firing pin, trigger bar, and the inside of springs like the hammer spring and firing pin spring. 

Edited by ryridesmotox

Not necessarily. It just depends on what bullet you shoot. If you shoot a 115fmj, it will work. But longer bullets, longer cartridge length, or ones with steep ogives will cause failure to or Not or failure to return to battery at all... Happened to me with 124gr JHP precision deltas. When I talked to Grams he said he had to add 15% to the chamber's length... That's a ton. Not even close on tanfo machining. But 30 bucks fixes a problem for good. And it's basically one day turn around. 

I spoke with Beven today. Nice gent. I'll be sending him 4 barrels shortly.  the price is very reasonable at 20 per barrel, 9 bucks return shipping for the package.

So about $ 22.50 each spreading that ship cost out.  just need to get them shipped!  i wasted the day cleaning them, goofing off blowing leaves and then trick or treat time!