Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Small Frame Open Build

pfcchambers

I have some questions for any of you Tanfoglio experts out there. I am currently in the process of converting my small frame 9x19 Tanfo one of the Israeli imported 'Mossad" version. I am getting my frame drilled and threaded for a mount. One question is what mount do you all recommended? I bought a ipscalex mount to try but the right sided screw holes will interfere with my serial number, rather than pay to have the serial number moved I am just going to go with another mount. I am assuming I could use a CZ mount since the holes have not been yet done on my pistol. Can anyone confirm this? From reading thru the forums it seems the Cheely mount is highly recommended. So I am considering this mount in the CZ/Czech mate version. I also assume that a 2011 mount would not be the best fit height wise, but I am not certain on this either. If anyone who has played with different mounts has the answers any help would be much appreciated.

Secondly if anyone knows where to source a small frame 9x19 6 inch barrel please let me know, or PM me if you have one.

Thanks all for your help, I will be sure to post pictures once the project is complete. Pretty sure I am going PVD coated on the finish so it might be a bling, bling Tanfo.

My kind of build!  :cheers:

You're right about the mount, 2011 mounts are all wrong, the dot sits high and to the left; they can be modified, but it's a pain.  CZ or Tanfoglio is the way to go, but the holes need to be in different places for each and are a different pattern, so you might as well go with the factory Tanfoglio pattern for simplicity, I have some still from a special run Matt Cheely did.

How long are your thumbs?  It's a big factor in planning your mount/racker position.

I'd love to help you through the planning and execution of this project and can provide or tell you where to buy all the parts you'll need.

Atlas inspired me on a similar build.  The barrel is the hangup unfortunately.  EAA had hinted they may have small frame 6" barrels but I have not checked.  I had a threaded barrel extension added and while it works, I am experiencing it clocking out of alignment which I am working on.  It has ben easier to get to run than my large frame Tanfo.

I used a quinn 90* mount to avoid the serial number.

Edited by dogtired

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about using czc multi cut optic mount. Since no holes have been cut figure no reason I can not just use a CZ specific mount. This is a left mounting only mount and gives me tons of optic options. I might just forego the barrel and run with out a comp. Minor gun for steel challenge, and some outlaw steel matches we have around here with no power factor.