Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Side Saddles And Forearm Carriers For Benelli

MikeFoley

Since I am new to the world of recoil/inertia operated shotguns, how many rounds can I carry on the sides of my Benelli M1S90 without interrupting the operation of the gun? My Remington 1100 gas operated gun holds 9 in the gun and 18 in the side saddle and forend carrier for a total of 27. What is the right number for the Benelli?

My Benelli M1 Tactical works with all but the lightest loads with 9 in the gun, 7 on the side saddle, and six on the forearm carrier. For my gun, that is everything fully loaded. My carriers are from 3gungear.com. I had to change the recoil spring but all else is stock.

Mike - my Benelli has 8 on the side saddle and a 2x2 on the forearm (forarms are quite a bit shorter on these than a remmy). That's 12 plus 9 in the gun =21. I've had zero problems with this setup, even fully loaded with 1 1/4 #4 in the gun and on the sides.

You might also talk to Mark B. at 3-gun Gear. He also runs a Benelli and, of course, sells the stuff we're speaking of.

Thanks to all. I shot the Benelli yesterday and it even cycled Ranger slugs which are very light.

I want to use the 3GunGear 8 round side saddle from the Remington, and I will either cut down my 2+8 or order a 2+2 from Mark.

I will need to get reacquainted with my California Compworks shotshell holder and my belt/bandolier setup I suppose. It was always just so fast having all of those rounds on the gun. It only applies to monster stages, which are few and far between.

If I can get 9+9 to work, that will be fine. This gun has cycled everything I have put through it with no weight on it, so I guess that's a good indication so far.

on mY benelli M1014 it wouldn't cycle light load 7.5 shot.

If you want to know for sure then put a strip of velcro on the side and wrap some rounds in the hook side. Add velcroed rounds until you start having trouble and you will know.

Steven