Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Target Paint | The best stuff out there!

All,

Not sure if this is where this topic belongs, but I wanted to share an experience I had.  I was out at the NSSF Mississippi State match and I met a guy by the name of Larry Steeley, he is one of the owners of Rainbow Technology Corp and he designed Steel Target Paint.  He has since sponsored several large matches including WSSC, Production Nationals, Carry Optics Nationals, etc and it is the best paint I have used on Steel Targets.  It is far better than the 'cheap stuff' and designed for steel.  Make sure you stand back 12-18" from the target when you spray it, this stuff comes out hot!  I tried it and ordered a case for training.  Just thought I would pass along.

https://rainbowtechstore.com/products/steel-target-paint?variant=25080450371

Steve 

And I posted on FB about it but not in a positive way. If you are going to be the only one using it then it might be nice. Personally when I was MD locally I would find shooters use the same exact amount of expensive paint as they do the cheap stuff. I prefer good paint too but if shooters use 6 cans of either per match the 99 cent crap wins every time!