Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aftermarket Glock slide feedback

Tokarev

I am looking to replace a slide on a G17/22 frame and would like some user feedback on the aftermarket offerings.

Who has a Lone Wolf, IDP Tactical, ZEV, etc and what feedback can you give? Any parts fitment issues? Any problems with the little tab on the connector wearing a groove or gouge on the kickout in the slide?

And, finally, does something like the ZEV offer anything over some of the cheaper options in the way of quality and function?

Ideally this slide will be used in ESP and maybe limited minor.

TIA!

Lone Wolf makes decent replacement slides, I had one on a G35 I used in Limited, it worked great and fit well with all other aftermarket items

Never had a Zev slide but, did break 4 of their trigger sets (always the trigger safety)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Tokarev said:

Contact info, please.

Choose your poison:

Primary Machine Vendor Forum: http://forums.brianenos.com/index.php?showforum=316

Primary Machine Website: WWW.PRIMARYMACHINE.COM

Primary Machine Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrimaryMachine/

My email: bruce.primarymachine@gmail.com

On 9/16/2016 at 5:29 AM, Tokarev said:

Mod 1 appears to do nice work but his backlog seems extensive. What about Wetwerks or Fire 4 Effect?

I had my slide work done by Fire 4 Effect and the quality of the machining and refinishing was excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I also like that they have dozens different options so you can get the features that work best for you. For me I wanted truly functional and aggressive forward cocking serrations. 

You might also look at Way of the Gun and Primary Machine. 

I agree that machining a factory slide is the way to go rather than aftermarket. YMMV.