Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 choices.

223to45

Wife and I shoot SC with our SA 9mm Loaded Stainless.  While this model is hard to find, I'm sure ROs are similar.  These guns have been ultra-reliable after 40K rounds each and accurate enough for action pistol even without enhancements.  The triggers can be a bit variable out of the box, but we had SACS do 3 lb. tool steel trigger jobs and skateboard tape on the front strap has held up for these 40K rounds.  So, SA offerings are good value, but if you can afford a fancier gun go for it and treasure the wear that comes with use.

decf86ecee5480628a1ce5a7db4ecb73.jpg

My Trojan 9mm makes weight barely with a dawson mag with ed brown well and msh and a GI rod. It's a great gun.

I know of one .40 Sig Max that was a disappointment. It had a few qc issues. I do love the Pm9 though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well I was just about to pull the trigger on the PM9, but LGS had a used STI Duty One with 5 Wilson mags and Dawson magwell .

Ended up saving about 600 going that route.

taking it to the range today.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

At our LGS, the case is filled with Kimbers and a few SA's, as is the Cabelas. I have used a Kimber 1911 competition model, but had problems, most which were caused by reloads, and also some odd breakage issues, such as a broken pin on the ejector in the frame, and the rear sight coming off while firing the gun. (Cracked my tooth when the slide kicked it right back into my chops).

I'm sure I am stepping on a land mine here, but are there issues I don't know about? I never see any support from the Kimber for the sport, which strikes me as weird. One would think the powers that be at Kimber would want USPSA and IDPA to be buying their firearms ad nauseam.  They must sell a boatload of 1911's outside the sport, so what causes such disdain?

I have a SA RO and an STI USPS single stack (I don't think STI makes this model anymore). The SA RO is a well made pistol. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one. It's very accurate. The slide to frame fit is really good. Mags have been my problem. I have had nothing but trouble with the Dawson's. Double feeds from both pistols and this is with factory ammo. I'm going to try the metal forms or CMC.

I have two Trojans both in 40. They run great.

Edited by spencerattix