Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 SS choice

aandabooks

7 hours ago, RayUSPSA81 said:

Yes he does!!! That is a lot of money though. One of my friends has one and its superb!

I see you live in Kansas City. Your friend Merle? I know he has a Grundhauser 1911. I shot a few majors with Merle. That gun is very nice and runs like a raped ape.

6 minutes ago, bjones6686 said:

I see you live in Kansas City. Your friend Merle? I know he has a Grundhauser 1911. I shot a few majors with Merle. That gun is very nice and runs like a raped ape.

Yes, that is the gun I am talking about. 

JGus....Right @ $800 +.... Started with the RIA 1911 9mm bushing pistol (not the GI version, Novack sighted model). Bought 1 each Clack (Para ramped) 40 S&W Match gunsmith bushing barrel, bought 2nd. 9mm bushing slide and opened breech face to 40 S&W specs. Used EGW angle bored NM bushing fit to 2nd.slide and Clark barrel fitted to 2nd. slide. Opened pistol and polished/stoned stock parts......(May replace stock internals with EGW parts if "stock" don't hold up). Will have 9mm and 40 S&W upper's for the same lower. Not quite done with the 40 S&W version, need to fit extractor to shell case,etc.....Gun shoots fine in 9mm.

3 hours ago, mike NM said:

JGus....Right @ $800 +.... Started with the RIA 1911 9mm bushing pistol (not the GI version, Novack sighted model). Bought 1 each Clack (Para ramped) 40 S&W Match gunsmith bushing barrel, bought 2nd. 9mm bushing slide and opened breech face to 40 S&W specs. Used EGW angle bored NM bushing fit to 2nd.slide and Clark barrel fitted to 2nd. slide. Opened pistol and polished/stoned stock parts......(May replace stock internals with EGW parts if "stock" don't hold up). Will have 9mm and 40 S&W upper's for the same lower. Not quite done with the 40 S&W version, need to fit extractor to shell case,etc.....Gun shoots fine in 9mm.

That's extremely reasonable. I would have thought it would have been much more.