Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 SS choice

aandabooks

I have the itch for a new gun.  Thinking about another single stack gun.  Currently have a Ford Custom in .45.  Now that I'm loading .40 for Limited it brings that caliber into consideration.

The two that I have been looking at are the Sig Max or the Dawson CRP STI.  Both are rigt around $1300.  Which one is the one to pick?

2 hours ago, kcd19 said:

series 80 fire-control systems had an extra safety, a plunger/mechanism to actually block the firing pin's travel

Series 80 Firing Pin Block

A picture is worth a 1000 words.  Thanks for posting. 

PS  The explanation helped too!

Thanks for the replies, I can safely say (pun intended), that I will remove that system when I get mine this fall in .45 ACP. Where I shoot, sand, grit, snow and rain are part of the equation, and I do not need extra parts getting full of junk and hanging up during a match.

I have a Trojan and have been pretty happy with it. The slide has been tri toped, and trigger job with EGW parts. The only thing I don't care for on the Trojan is the front strap so plan to use grip tape if you get one.

Also plan to add an Ambi I don't think the CRP comes with one

Edited by Foxj66

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't thumb your nose at the single stack  RIA 40's. They are very well fit, nice and tight.  . Most have the Para style  ramped barrel.  Bull barrel only at this time but I'm building a 40 bushing barrel version for SS using all RIA parts Bud's will usually do a price match.

4 hours ago, mike NM said:

Don't thumb your nose at the single stack  RIA 40's. They are very well fit, nice and tight.  . Most have the Para style  ramped barrel.  Bull barrel only at this time but I'm building a 40 bushing barrel version for SS using all RIA parts Bud's will usually do a price match.

How much money will you have in that build when finished?