Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One Shot Case Lube & Powder Sticking

3GDad

For years I have done it without ANY precautions.  I dump brass in the case feeder, and spray if there liberally, without any regard for orientation, etc. 

I have not seen a single issue with that approach, after tens of thousands of rounds.  We sometimes tend to over-complicate things.

1 hour ago, Foxbat said:

For years I have done it without ANY precautions.  I dump brass in the case feeder, and spray if there liberally, without any regard for orientation, etc. 

I have not seen a single issue with that approach, after tens of thousands of rounds.  We sometimes tend to over-complicate things.

Remember the guy who did that a few years ago and flames erupted in the casefeeder? 

9 hours ago, mikeinctown said:

When you check for your powder drop, you shouldn't need to use a case at all. Just place the little powder measure pan that probably came with your scale (also available at any store that sells reloading supplies) under the powder drop and cycle 5-10 times by hand. Then weigh the result and adjust as necessary. If you are trying to weigh a single charge on a pistol case you'll drive yourself nuts trying to get the measurement exact.

Great tip, thanks.  Not sure why I didn't think of that before! 

19 minutes ago, 3GDad said:

Great tip, thanks.  Not sure why I didn't think of that before! 

Many presses need a case to fully actuate the powder bar to drop a powder charge...Drop a case full, dump in the pan...repeat this 10 times...weigh the charge...divide by 10...that will give you the most accurate powder charge..

14 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

Many presses need a case to fully actuate the powder bar to drop a powder charge...Drop a case full, dump in the pan...repeat this 10 times...weigh the charge...divide by 10...that will give you the most accurate powder charge..

One more reason to own and use a Dillon. :D