Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Enos Forums Member Shoot - Locations!

I talked to the president about it Saturday and I will make a proposal to the board of directors of the Western Nevada Pistol League for a 2-day match in June 2006. If accepted, I'll make a proposal to the forum members.

Right now, my major concerns are setup crew (would N. Californians or others be willing to show up Thurs. or Fri. to help build stages?) and attendance (too few or too many).

Erik, I'm sure you could get enough from the Northern Cal clubs.. count me in..

Will there be cookies? If so, then I'll go and help setup ... :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All

Carnina e-mailed Me and Made Me aware of this Tread.

First thanks for Including the Double Tap Ranch In the Poll. We have the Range, The Time of Year and the Amount of Help Would Be the Key points Here. I have been told that the clark range rents to area 4 around the neighborhood of $3000.00 for the week. (set up and Match).

We Have already Scheduled the Double Tap Championship for 2006 on the last weekend of March March 25-26 and Maybe an all twelve stages in one day format for friday the 24th for a limited amount of Folks.

Are we talking about a match this Year (2005) or Next Year (2006) this year we are hosting the North Texas section Championship with 8-10 stages fourth Weekend of August 2005. Next year is open except Dec 05-March 06 and end of Sept for the Texas state Limited. Also Need to schedule around all the other matches going on around the country AREA Matches, Nationals and such.

THe Other Concern is Who will be the MD and the set up crew RO's and such. As far as money goes the most fair way to all parties is a per head Fee. Lots of Details still need to be nailed down to give the range folks more of an idea what is going on. Talked to the "Ranch Hands" The Double Tap Ranch is Tenatively intrested, but we need more INFO.

Thanks

Robert Porter

Hi, Robert, thanks for wading in... Double Tap Ranch was include due to popular demand - by all accounts (and your website), you have a quality facility up there :)

Carnina e-mailed Me and Made Me aware of this Tread.

Thanks, Carina :)

I have been told that the clark range rents to area 4 around the neighborhood of $3000.00 for the week. (set up and Match).

While I'm awaiting final details from Kay via email, I'll say that that's fairly close to what I've been told. I'm not going to get into details here, as I'll be putting up a final poll once we have some info back on each of the most popular locations, and that poll will have all the details summarized for each place in one thread.

Are we talking about a match this Year (2005) or Next Year (2006) this year we are hosting the North Texas section Championship with 8-10 stages fourth Weekend of August 2005. Next year is open except Dec 05-March 06 and end of Sept for the Texas state Limited. Also Need to schedule around all the other matches going on around the country AREA Matches, Nationals and such.

We're looking at late this year sometime next year, and we definitely need to avoid the other big matches, as at least some portion of the forum membership will be attending it :) We need to be sensitive to the weather in the chosen location, too...

THe Other Concern is Who will be the MD and the set up crew RO's and such.

We'll be handling the match administration from within our ranks - unless the facility wants/needs to be involved. I'm hoping we'll identify a "range liason" who's fairly local to where we end up, so that they can handle any local details more easily. Re: setup, etc - if there are locals there who are willing to help, that's great. I'm figuring that some of us will have to pony up some time to make it happen, though :)

As far as money goes the most fair way to all parties is a per head Fee. Lots of Details still need to be nailed down to give the range folks more of an idea what is going on. Talked to the "Ranch Hands" The Double Tap Ranch is Tenatively intrested, but we need more INFO.

Glad to hear we have some interest. As you can see, we're in the very early stages of seeing what we can do with this idea, but I'll be happy to take a shot at providing whatever info you need. I have a few questions to shoot back your way, as well - I'll drop you a PM, and we can get the conversation rolling :)

Thanks!

• 2 months later...