Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thread Pitch for CR Speed Mag Pouch Screws

BenBreeg

Does anyone know what the thread pitch is for the knurled tension screws on the CR Speed mag pouches?

I would like to replace the current ones with a smaller head screw.  I don't like how they stick out and catch when I grab a new mag.  Sometimes when doing a lot of reload practice I actually end up with cuts.  Emailed Rescomp but didn't hear back yet.

Thanks!

Not sure if this will work for you but I have read that turning the screw around so the knurled head is facing the (inside) belt keeps it out of the way and also has the added benefit of making the pouch legal in games that do not allow an exposed adjustment knob.

Just a suggestion.

Edited by Sniperboy

38 minutes ago, mwx40x40 said:

I hate it when you lose one of those micro sized nuts.i have lost two, and never seem to find anything that small locally.

Try looking at a machinist supply store. Around here they have the smaller sizes (and the weird thread pitches) that the big supply houses (Fastenal, Graingers, etc) don't carry. This tactic has saved my day a few times.

I contacted them before about getting single brackets to convert a double pouch to two singles and they replied and were helpful.  Would like to get this figured out, I don't think reversing is going to work, I still want to be able to adjust the tension and that might be hard if the knurled are on the inside.

I found MyLoc nuts in my local hardware store.  I don't recall the size.  They hold on the screws but do not fit in the recess of the pouch. 

I emailed CR Speed 2 times asking size and never heard back from them.  To me that is poor customer service. 

Try Taz himself and maybe you'll have some luck. I'm surprised you didn't get any help from them

tazio@rescomp.co.za

Sent using the force

10 hours ago, CZinZA said:

Try Taz himself and maybe you'll have some luck. I'm surprised you didn't get any help from them

tazio@rescomp.co.za

Sent using the force

Thank you very much for the email address.  Taz responded very quickly. 

To the OP, the nuts are M3 which is 3MM https://www.boltdepot.com/Product-Details.aspx?product=4773

I'm glad they got back to you. I was surprised to see a post saying no reply from rescomp/cr speed. In my experience their customer service has been excellent. even little questions about stuff like mag pouch spacers etc. In fact when I ordered a belt and some pouches I asked about buying some spacers for pouches I already had (I'd lost the spare spacer kits). Of course they kindly included a couple of hardware kits with my order free of charge which included a set of spacers and bolts for the pouches I already had.

I still think the CR speed belts are the best. I prefer them over both DAA models and any others I've tried. the CR hi-torque DELUXE is a very nicely made belt. :)