Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SSI Scale Grips

zx9rt1

I have a few sets of these. both on tanfo and CZ. a mate bought me the red ones as a gift (I was running black up till then) and they are actually pretty cool. I don't normally go in for colours (especially on a all black CZ shadow) but I now run the red and the black sit as spares. :)

BTW they are awesome grips. I spent probably $1000 on tanfoglio and CZ grips and found nothing else I like as much as these.

I have purchased.

CZ rubber (2 sets in black, 1 set in blue)
CZ/CZC thin alluminium checkered
DAA thick alluminium (liked these for a while) with grip tape
VZ G10 grips (CZ)
CZC lemon graters
henning contour grips - flat with grip tape (probably my 2nd fav on a tanfgolio with grip tape on them)
tanfog old style wood grips (bought 2 pairs)
tanfog gold team grips
tanfog xtreme grips
CZ shadow orange grips (basically same as CZC/CZ thin alluminium checkered)
houge finger groove (these are not bad and technically legal for IPSC production - came as an option on another CZ that is prod legal - but many think they are not legal - too much hassle)
Henning checkered (old style, didn't like as much as henning contour smooth with tape)
copper gun grips (good price - probably cheapest of all, but cheapest quality too)

I'm sure there's are few I've forgotten. Most were too flat and/or too thin. The scales are awesome. as are factory CZ rubber. :)

On 8/17/2016 at 2:31 AM, BeerBaron said:

I have a few sets of these. both on tanfo and CZ. a mate bought me the red ones as a gift (I was running black up till then) and they are actually pretty cool. I don't normally go in for colours (especially on a all black CZ shadow) but I now run the red and the black sit as spares. :)

BTW they are awesome grips. I spent probably $1000 on tanfoglio and CZ grips and found nothing else I like as much as these.

I have purchased.

CZ rubber (2 sets in black, 1 set in blue)
CZ/CZC thin alluminium checkered
DAA thick alluminium (liked these for a while) with grip tape
VZ G10 grips (CZ)
CZC lemon graters
henning contour grips - flat with grip tape (probably my 2nd fav on a tanfgolio with grip tape on them)
tanfog old style wood grips (bought 2 pairs)
tanfog gold team grips
tanfog xtreme grips
CZ shadow orange grips (basically same as CZC/CZ thin alluminium checkered)
houge finger groove (these are not bad and technically legal for IPSC production - came as an option on another CZ that is prod legal - but many think they are not legal - too much hassle)
Henning checkered (old style, didn't like as much as henning contour smooth with tape)
copper gun grips (good price - probably cheapest of all, but cheapest quality too)

I'm sure there's are few I've forgotten. Most were too flat and/or too thin. The scales are awesome. as are factory CZ rubber. :)

Great review of grips.

I just went from the standard wood grips to these SSI scales and absolutely love the scales on my Tanfo!  Good to hear that they hold their own vs all those other grips and glad I didn't have to spend $1000 trying all the others out :wacko: