Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Milling SP-01 Slide for optic

jrn1975

Does anyone know of a shop that can mill a sp-01 slide for a delta point that is reasonably priced and doesn't have crazy wait times?

Tried one of the dovetail mounts only to have the sight fly off after the screws holding the sight in place pulled the threads out of the mount during a stage. So now I am looking for a stronger solution.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sounds great. I will be in touch soon.. just trying to decide if I am staying with the delta point or changing over to an rts2

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sounds good. We're here and ready to take care of you whenever you're ready. :)

My slide is with CZC right now for an exact cut for a docter dot. I chickened out at first but now am committed. It's been there about a week so I will post pics when it comes back.

One thing to note is the FP block spring will now be exposed. My plan is to cut shim stock as a base plate to provide something solid for that spring to press on. I ordered some .0125 stock and it seems thick enough but also thin enough and it's plastic. If it's not stuff enough I will do the same but use metal shim stock. They say it's not needed but the underside of the dot is hollow and this spring needs to press on something so I feel better about adding the shim

My slide is with CZC right now for an exact cut for a docter dot. I chickened out at first but now am committed. It's been there about a week so I will post pics when it comes back.

One thing to note is the FP block spring will now be exposed. My plan is to cut shim stock as a base plate to provide something solid for that spring to press on. I ordered some .0125 stock and it seems thick enough but also thin enough and it's plastic. If it's not stuff enough I will do the same but use metal shim stock. They say it's not needed but the underside of the dot is hollow and this spring needs to press on something so I feel better about adding the shim

No springs exposed with our cut. Our cut is enough to wipe the dovetail completely out and still leave plenty of meat for the firing pin block area. :) Edited by PrimaryBruce

No springs exposed with our cut. Our cut is enough to wipe the dovetail completely out and still leave plenty of meat for the firing pin block area. :)

His firing pin block spring was exposed by the factory cut of the dovetail.

No springs exposed with our cut. Our cut is enough to wipe the dovetail completely out and still leave plenty of meat for the firing pin block area. :)

His firing pin block spring was exposed by the factory cut of the dovetail.
Ah, what model slide? Edited by PrimaryBruce

My sp-01 I cant see into the FP hole but my 75 Compact I could actually see in the crease of the dovetail it was exposed already. Thats the trick with these narrow slides, you need to mill deep enough to create width.

Talking to a guy at the match yesterday I figured something else out that might help others. He said he had a very odd malfunction where the FP would not engage. He took it all apart and cleaned it and it worked but he didnt know why. When I first removed my 75 compact sight there was no hole exposed. The second time this little flashing of metal rolled up and there was the hole. Had it fallen inside the hole I would have had the same problem as he did. So for anyone who runs across this I bet its a let over piece of metal when the gun is new that falls in there.