Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 competition sights?

RDT806

I decided to switch to the P320 platform for competition. Picked up a new full size today. After some reading it seems that adding competition sights isn't as easy some other platforms. Read of POI issues etc. So any guidance from the more experienced on here would be greatly appreciated.

Do I have to send it off to Burke or Grays Guns to get a set installed? Again any help is appreciated. Thanks

I had absolutely no problem at all with ordering a set of Dawson Precision sights and installing them myself just like you would any other dovetail sights. It was POA=POI from the first shot. Bear in mind Dawson sights zero at 20 yards (IIRC) and Sig factory sights zero at 15 yards so there is going to be just a bit of self adjusting your gonna need to do. If you've got a 9mm full size it "should" have came #8 front and #8 rear sights. 9 & 357 use the 8/8, 40 & 45 use the 6 front and 8 rear. This is the set of Dawson sights I picked up.

https://dawsonprecision.com/1-seller-dawson-precision-sig-p320-competition-fixed-sight-set-black-rear-fiber-optic-front/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RDT806 you're thinking of grayguns that cuts the slide forward of the rear dovetail, and uses the p220 supermatch adjustable sight. They seem very nice, but it's around $200 for sight and installation. Understandable for the amount of work, but it's a lot of money. Dawsons are very good sights, i have a set on my p226. Came with .135 wide notch on the rear sight, and it's a bit wider than i would prefer. 125 is probably best width on rear sight, but that will be personal preference

Daniel K

RDT806 you're thinking of grayguns that cuts the slide forward of the rear dovetail, and uses the p220 supermatch adjustable sight. They seem very nice, but it's around $200 for sight and installation. Understandable for the amount of work, but it's a lot of money. Dawsons are very good sights, i have a set on my p226. Came with .135 wide notch on the rear sight, and it's a bit wider than i would prefer. 125 is probably best width on rear sight, but that will be personal preference

Daniel K

Have you had any POI issues with the fixed sights?

I mainly shoot my 226, but i shoot my 320 40 in limited major sometimes. I have hi viz sights on my 320 right now, but will get dawsons soon. I have dawsons on my 226 and they're great. I would prefer a skinnier notch in rear sight and a shorter front sight though. Dawson will cover front sight height, but not widths on either sight

Daniel K