Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CK Arms Frame Mock Up with pics

I just picked up my short dust cover frame today, but prior to ordering my first CK Arms frame, I was unable to find any threads online about the frame with mockups or how much work had to be done to said frame. I only found reviews of checking hardness and the quality on it.

So, hopefully this helps someone out there looking for any mock up pics of the frame.

Specs:

Rail Width -width of the T: 0.758

Rail Width -narrow underside: 0.625

Pictures of the beavertail and thumb safety and plastic sti grip installed.

Grip fitment on the rear

b9Zsnok.jpg

STI Beaver Tail in open/safe position

k0V9J0P.jpg

STI Beaver Tail in closed/disengaged position

kKbqlvx.jpg

STI Ambi Safety fitment

VsA1WPX.jpg

Overall, Im extremely impressed with the frame and can't wait to start on this.

Edited by ScottieShootz

thanks for sharing. it seems true to their ethos of nothing being massively oversize, but sort of closer to a 'drop in' kind of fit, but with a little meat in the required areas to allow proper fitting. it certainly mates well with the grip and beavertail given no blending/fitting has been done yet.

enjoy. :)

I'm going to fit this frame to a slide which was used as a dual top end and it worked out the frame is 0.758, and my old slide is 0.751. I wasn't sure how much i'd have to play with if any and planned to buy an untouched slide if necessary.

I bought 2 CK Arms Long Dust Cover frames and Unique slides to build me 2 new limited guns. The quality of their products is great. Here's a picture of the guns being built.

post-63869-0-65636700-1468442605_thumb.j

Edited by bjones6686

Do they radius the bottom edges of the dust cover? I bought a PT and it was squarer for lack of better term than the STI frames I used in the past. Looks like the LDC frames are radiused a lot.

Bjones

Which slide stop/thumb test is that? Did it require any fitting?

It's a Nitro Fin from Shooting Sports Innovations. No fitting required. They're great for resting the thumb and helping manage the recoil of the gun.

Do they radius the bottom edges of the dust cover? I bought a PT and it was squarer for lack of better term than the STI frames I used in the past. Looks like the LDC frames are radiused a lot.

The CK Arms frames do have a radius on the bottom of the dust cover. It starts pretty much where the front of the trigger guard is.

Did you fit the slide to the ck arms frame yet? Wondering how long it takes to do it with files amd stones?

I have not, just ordered a new slide to use for the build. So far I've fitted all my lower parts with the exception of a Xline standard trigger as that has not arrived either.

Did you fit the slide to the ck arms frame yet? Wondering how long it takes to do it with files amd stones?

I did one in a week, took my time so I didn't over file it.

Stones I got for Everglades custom made it pretty easy.