Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single action trigger pull

ny32182

So I have recently been trying to tune up a stock 2 from scratch by myself for the first time. I'm not a gunsmith.

I've polished what I believe are key points, and resprung to specs similar to what I have in my other guns. I think it came out well with the exception of the single action trigger break, which is noticeably heavier than it is on my other guns. It had a stock two piece sear, so I ended up changing that out for a one piece, and I have a Titan hammer in it (first gun I have with one of those).

The DA is fine, but the SA just breaks heavy and I would like it to break lighter. I have polished the edge of the sear, but not tried to remove any metal or change the shape. I have not touched the hammer hooks on the Titan hammer.

What do you think I should do?

Edited by ny32182

The single action break is all in the hammer hooks, polish the snot out of them and you'll be good to go.

Are the Xtreme sear and Titan hammers through hardened or just surface?

What about the factory heart hammer? I'm reluctant to even touch sear interfaces that might be only surface hard.

Among my 3 tanfos, the only one with < 2lbs SA pull is the one with 2-wing disco. The 2-wing disco came from the Limited Pro and I put it on one of the Stock 2s. The other two have the 1-wing disco, and their SA is around 2 lbs 10 oz. All of them have titan hammer, factory one-piece sear, CZ sear spring and factory TRS (I found that using the CGW reduced power TRS actually adds 0.5 lbs pull). All 3 had the about the same polishing done. I contribute the lower SA pull to the 2-wing disco. If anyone knows where to buy the 2-wing disco, I'd buy 2 more and put them on my other guns.

Hammer spring is a 13lb.

Gun has about 18xx rounds through it.

I can try to polish the hammer hooks if that is a good option, but always heard that is kind of a last resort and can end badly.

Thanks all.

Among my 3 tanfos, the only one with < 2lbs SA pull is the one with 2-wing disco. The 2-wing disco came from the Limited Pro and I put it on one of the Stock 2s. The other two have the 1-wing disco, and their SA is around 2 lbs 10 oz. All of them have titan hammer, factory one-piece sear, CZ sear spring and factory TRS (I found that using the CGW reduced power TRS actually adds 0.5 lbs pull). All 3 had the about the same polishing done. I contribute the lower SA pull to the 2-wing disco. If anyone knows where to buy the 2-wing disco, I'd buy 2 more and put them on my other guns.

Wrong. Stop spreading bad information. The wing has absolutely NOTHING to do with SA break or poundage. As pointed out by KA, SA is primarily sear/hammer hooks, then spring weight.

Photo_2016-06-22_08-36-38_PM_zpsy36dqvuc

IMG_3260_zpsh0clv8ah.jpg

Hammer spring is a 13lb.

Gun has about 18xx rounds through it.

I can try to polish the hammer hooks if that is a good option, but always heard that is kind of a last resort and can end badly.

Thanks all.

Entirely too much spring. You'll have to run a 10# from PD or clip three coils of an EG light to get sub 2# SA.

To my knowledge it is the same spring in my other guns, and it barely lights primers the way it is, so I don't know how much lighter is realistic on the hammer spring?

Plunger parts have been polished and plunger spring replaced with an 18lb, yes.

How much weight are you targeting for SA? I honestly feel little to no difference between 2 lbs 10 oz and 1 lb 12 oz on my Stock 2s. To get 2 lbs 10 oz it's fairly straightforward. I run Extreme light hammer and firing pin springs. Other than that, just excessive polishing of every metal contact surface until they are close to mirrors.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk