Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheapest Glock mag 9mm AR pistol/PCC/Rifle

steviesterno

Hey all,

I have a buddy here at work who's got some physical limitations, so he's having trouble shooting a full size AR. He's got trouble with the weight and the heavier weight on the barrel/forend. I offered to build him something super light weight, and told him about the newish 9mm Ars. Since he already carries and keeps a Glock for HD, he wants to go that route.

My thought was that he would be one of those who actually benefitted from using a sig brace as intended. I also thought if he built a pistol, we could go short barrel and less weight out front.

I have built a ton of ARs in 223 and some in 300, but have only been reading about 9mm. Is the best bet for something like I'm thinking be just getting a 9mm Glock PSA built lower for $200 and a short (like the 7") matching upper they have for like $350 (I think that's what it is, out of stock currently) , slapping the brace with a Law tactical folder (he may want to transport it on his wheelchair) and some sights?

Is there a less expensive or not crazy expensive but definitively better option out there?

Thanks

oh forgot to mention, he likes the AR platform and carried one on duty for years. His wife also really likes it.

I don't think I've seen a Kel Tec 2000 go for non-rip off prices in like 2 years. I'm currently on a wait list for one myself.

Instead of PSA, look into Frontier Armory out of Vegas. They make their own and also direct label to Joe Bob Outfitters and Runner Runner Guns (TX). I have visited their store, liked the product and found a stripped set (lower and upper) from Runner Runner. So far have about 400 rounds through it, no hiccups. Have a SBR application in, and waiting to install the 8" barrel.

If going Glock, would diffidently consider them. Watch for good deals this weekend if history is followed.

Edit - I run my CMMG upper on the Glock lower right now, till stamp is approved. Still have a complete CMMG 9mm AR (colt pattern) but just not a fan of Colt design and like your friend, have tons of Glocks around the house, car, on me etc.

Edited by bishop414

PSA with their sale also have full 16" glock AR's for $589. That is almost the same price as a Glock pistol. Why not buy one?

(Have no affiliation with PSA, and was actually very disappointed with them at SHOT this year)

i sent him some of the links you all suggested, and he actually likes the Kel Tec and it sounds like a Scorpion with a pistol brace. he's going to start seriously shopping this weekend it looks like.

PSA with their sale also have full 16" glock AR's for $589. That is almost the same price as a Glock pistol. Why not buy one?

(Have no affiliation with PSA, and was actually very disappointed with them at SHOT this year)

which one? I'm having a hard time with their site navigation recently.

I've seen some ATI AR 9mm Glock Magazine PCC's. They seem to be good quality.

Yeah they're pretty cheap for Glock mag ARs. They have both pistol and carbine versions:

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-pistols/ati-ar15-9mm-mil-sport-pistol-detail.html?Itemid=0

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/ati-ar15-9mm-mil-sport-carbine-rifle-detail.html?Itemid=0

ATI is not as good as JP or anything like that. More similar to JRC I think. Easy to build one yourself. That way you get what you want. With the exception of the barrel from PSA, I used a DPMS smooth side upper I had laying around, got a Glock lower from Runner Runner Guns in TX, ramped bolt (CMMG I think), went with the MVB SMG type stock as it includes a 9mm buffer and dual springs, JP comp, dropped in a Timney 3# trigger from my backup 3-gun AR, and an AP Custom CF handguard from my parts. 2 Steel Challenge events and 2 outlaw steel matches and no issues firing every round so far. Only ammo it has not liked is Remington 250 RD yellow box reloads. Runs fine even on aluminum case CCI/Fed.

Edited by photoracer

Look at Quarter Circle 10's Glock stripped lowers. They run about $275 plus shipping.

Lone Wolf also makes one, but it's a bit spendier and I've had some quality control issues with Lone Wolf's Glock frames.

Forgot to mention -- if you are looking for the cheapest, most economical 9mm Glock lower, I'd recommend Spartan. JoeBob's has some in stock for $150-170 with free shipping. I hear decent things about PSA too.

• 3 weeks later...