Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Corpus Christi, TX

Jephro

Hello,

My name is Jeph and I have a problem. I don't have enough guns and I don't get to burn enough powder.

I recently relocated to Corpus Christi, Texas after 7 years in Germany. My boss invited my wife and I out to the local range to "shoot a little shotgun." When he showed up in his shooting team shirt I was a little worried. When he pulled a race gun out of his truck I was concerned. When everyone else was also pulling out (sometimes multiple) custom race guns I thought about going home. When I learned that it was practical shooting with moving and reloading I was honestly afraid and did try to go home. My wife is German and other than a day at the Gun Store in Las Vegas (where she did great) she has never held a gun. The thought of her running around with a 12 gauge frightened me more than how bad I was about to perform. But, everyone was very welcoming, helpful and understanding. And, most importantly we both had a blast and we were hooked.

I am about to start competing in the local USPSA in pistol and shotgun. I was going to run my HK USP .45 (my nightstand gun) in the production division, but the new RIA "Big Rock" double stack 10mm screamed my name so I will now be making a fool of myself in the limited division but I will never have to worry about power factor. I wanted to run something other than an STI or a Glock and I love the 1911 style and I simply ran out of excuses. I have some serious heavy hitters that shoot at my club so I have no illusions of being competitive but I am looking forward to having a lot of fun burning powder in a safe, dynamic environment.

Welcome to the forum.

I am in Corpus myself, shoot at CCPR club with Coastal Bend Shooters. You can check the web site or you can PM me thru this forum. We can get together and I and help you through the pitfalls, etc.

Good luck and good shooting.

Mike

Welcome to CC. Lots of shooters and shooting here. Get in touch with Benny Hill at Triangle Shooting Sports, 241-1091 for your GS needs( like a .40 S&W barrel for that 10mm). 40 is a lot cheaper and easier to shoot than that 10. Once again welcome to Corpus.-----------Larry White.

Thanks for the welcomes. I think that Benny signed my membership application. Ammo cost is only 90+% of the cost, why should I make it easier on myself? I might end up loading my 10's into needlessly long 40 S&W but I still like the idea of being able to go into full *BOOM* mode from ping ping ping with only the change of a mag. Maybe I will come to my senses later but for now I will giggle until my wrist or my wallet breaks. Jim already told me that I was going to have to bribe people to time me running that thing even with normal factory watered down ammo.

Edit: I fail at grammar.

Edited by Jephro

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 11:03 PM, Jephro said:

, why should I make it easier on myself? I might end up loading my 10's into needlessly long 40 S&W but I still like the idea of being able to go into full *BOOM* mode from ping ping ping

I LOVE the attitude :)

Wish I lived in CC so I could compete with YOU instead of all these

idiots who try to make it easier on themselves (and beat my a$$$).   :)

Ha, thanks Jack but I admit it is easier to have my attitude when I feel that I smoked a stage at 62 seconds flat and the next guy up does it in 7.5 seconds.  I guess there is a reason he has a sponsor and I do not.  The big rock is running great now that I have had Benny Hill here tune it for me. The only problem it has given me is that it always shoot right where I point it instead of where I want it to hit.