Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Holsters for USPSA SS?

nickbfishn

Is there any way a Double Alpha Race Master holster can be used and or modified to be used in the SS division? I ask because I use my 1911 for limited 10 and would like to be able to use it for SS as well. Also, I'm very new to the scene so any advice is helpful.

Thanks!

I wonder if DAA Plans on making a holster or if anyone has devised a holster that will attach to the race master base so I can leave that on my belt and just swap holsters as needed.

Are your pouches in the correct location for SS? It changes from L-10 to SS.

But DAA makes a detachable hanger, just need to figure a way of attaching a legal holster to it.

http://www.doublealpha.biz/race-master-detachable-belt-hanger

Edited by LilBunniFuFu

Good point. I have pouches to far forward on my L10 belt.

I'm thinking a new rig may be in order to avoid the headache of moving and swapping everything around.

If you're going to do that, it would be a good time to think about using the Safariland ELS system.

Good point. I have pouches to far forward on my L10 belt.

I'm thinking a new rig may be in order to avoid the headache of moving and swapping everything around.

If you're going to do that, it would be a good time to think about using the Safariland ELS system.

Race master do not mesh well with the ELS stuff. And if you chose not to use the ELS belt then you have a very good tendency to go over the 2-1/8" rule.

My $.02, if you're using a 1911 run the same SS legal rig in L10. It's not going to slow you down any appreciable amount and you won't have to retrain yourself for reloads and draws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point seadog. However that was my exact thinking when I set up my limited 10 rig to exactly how my limited rig is set. I didn't want to relearn anything so I made them mirror images of each other, except different colors so I don't accidentally grab the wrong rig when heading out for the range.

I think since I'll be shooting single stack much less often than the other 2 disciplines I'll have it as the one-off. But still a valid consideration. Thanks!