Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II trigger job

Thoughts on who does the best trigger job for a stock ii (xtreme) without massive turn around times. Or parts for DIY looking for 100% CCI primer reliability (although I suppose I could change over to federal).

I have a little over 3k through mine. Have dry-fired a few accushadows at local USPSA would like to get da/sa similar. The DA pull is noticeably heavier on mine single is probably 1lb heavier SA (going off feel). I wouldn't trade my stock ii for a shadow though. Hands are way too big. Stock ii is just about right and the shadow feels too small.

I just bought a stock 3 from Jim Bodkin; "jdsales"

Finished the gun in about a week

Lights off CCI fine; now someone will chime in and turn it into a "mine is better than yours" debate

But I can't say how nice and easy the transaction was....

Very happy with the gun

Bodkin has a great reputation.

I prefer DIY. Changing to an Extreme light Firing pin spring / hammer spring combination will limit you to federal (unless you also get extreme firing pin, hammer (delta or titan). Just dropping in Wolff 14# hammer spring, EG light firing pin spring or EG medium/medium springs will give reliable ignition with a lighter trigger.

Getting Henning light plunger spring, CZ reduced power trigger spring and a CZ sear spring will drop the force too with no negative impact on ignition.

A LOT of polishing is needed, pictures and how to are here. KneelingAtlas has a great thread on it.

You can get crazy good triggers in the Stock 2, if you put in the extra parts and fit them, then polish everything up shiny. I have a 1# 14oz SA and 5# 9oz DA with no stacking and I practice with S&B primers (but compete with federal). But... changed all the springs, firing pin, sear, hammer, interruptor and polished polished polished.

My stock ii is an xtreme. So do I just need springs and polishing then?

I would start there. Not sure what the innerds are compared to a normal one. Polishing always helps!

My stock ii is an xtreme. So do I just need springs and polishing then?

Sell it, buy a non-extreame, polish, swap couple springs, and hope you recoup some of the money you lost buying an over-rated version of a tanfoglio.

The difference in price was less than the sum of parts when I purchased it. Thanks for your input though.