Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bowling Pin Shoots

minnesota1

I came down here to Texas from Utah. In UT I could shoot pins 2 times a week. It was a blast!! Is there any of these shoots in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area? I've been to a few ranges but as is typical no one knows anything about them but they used to love to shoot them! Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Believe it or not, there isn't much shooting going on in the D/FW area outisde of IDPA, steel, and bullseye. Most IPSC clubs are at least 2 hours away with the exception of one weekly indoor match. I been here ten years and have never seen a pin shoot. Sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

Carina B

Any 3 gun matches held on a regular basis in the DFW area? I'm looking to get back into competitive shooting after a 10 year lapse.

Any info on IDPA, 3 gun matches etc would be appreciated.

Is the old Dallas Pistol club still operational?

Thanks alot.

• 2 months later...

Mike,

There are a few IDPA clubs in the DFW area. Cross Timbers IDPA, Dallas IDPA, Collin County IDPA and Johnson County Shooting Sports. There is a 3 gun match monthly in Waco at Tiger Valley. There is also a new game called IDSA (International Defensive Shooting Association) being shot as well. It is much like IDPA but the scoring is much simpler. www.theshootingsport.com is the site for IDSA. Most of the clubs I listed above also have websites. I know that Dallas IDPA shoots very often. Good luck.