Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Girls Kicking Ass

MarkS_A18138

Last night was our by-monthly bowling pin match. We call this match the night of comedy because if the crazy stuff is going to happen it does. It's also the night we get a lot of new shooters for some reason!! Rules are simple Man on Man 5 pins and 6 rounds in the gun total and you are allowed to reload. This has always been my Daughters favorite night for some reason!!! She normally goes out after 2 rounds but last night Shea and Tracy were kicking ass on everyone. Shea was able to make it to the semi finals were she beat her Mom but could not get past me. She did knock the pins before me but had one hang on the end and could not make the reload as quick. Then because she had not lost a round yet we had to shot again and same thing happened. But she still kicked about 6 different people's butts. Her joy of the night was shooting against one the adult that does not like her because she is a 10 year old girl. She cleaned the table and left him with 2 standing! You would have thought the world had stopped for both him and her!!! That was awesome!!!!!

A good friend of mine's daughter started shooting w/ us at the begining of the year. She is 10 and is really starting to develop her shooting skills. Im sure in the next few years she is gonna end up being one of the clubs top shooters. Jr shooters pick up the skills of our sport so quickly, im always amazed.

post-2283-1114616256_thumb.jpg

post-2283-1114616365_thumb.jpg

post-3486-1114619797_thumb.jpg

She is 10 and is really starting to develop her shooting skills. Im sure in the next few years she is gonna end up being one of the clubs top shooters. Jr shooters pick up the skills of our sport so quickly, im always amazed.

post-2283-1114616256_thumb.jpg

post-2283-1114616365_thumb.jpg

I have noticed at this age they have no fear!!!! I really believe that helps out as they get older. She is now getting that (I do care if I lose thing). The one thing I love is she loves to shoot and doesn't believe you have to be a boy to be good at this!

More warrior princesses!!! I love it! :wub:

Well, I don't know that 'checking my pride at the door' is what I do at a match, exactly, but I've learned to whine respectably so it sounds more like a scientific analysis instead of a whine. Other shooters appreciate that. :lol:

I remain convinced that kids pick things up faster than the rest of us for two reasons:

1) They are still in Aquire and Assimilate Mode. Also known as "Monkey See, Monkey Do".

2) Their minds are not full of all the "I need to do x, y and z because I read it somewhere" type crapola.

I sure makes me happy to see the younger crowd taking up the shooting sports. :) Especially the young ladies.

'Checking your pride at the door' is only necessary if you think you could never get beaten by <insert type of person that you consider yourself to be superior to>...

There seems to be this innate desire among many people to feel superior to someone/some group.

Now, personally, I feel superior to people who need to feel superior. :D