Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ordered 650 today. Should I have ordered the 1050?

The one thing I really don't like about the 1050 is the warranty. I've gotten so used to the lifetime warranty on the other presses that I would be pissed to break parts and have to pay for them :)

true but the 1050 flies.

i should have kept my 650 for other calibers

Since I shoot 9 Major, I always inspect my brass before it goes to the press. I have 4 categories, Multiple reload brass that I use for practice and matches where I can retrieve my brass (Fed, Win, Speer, Remington), Lost brass, every thing else except Ammoload, IMT, and anything in Russian which goes in the recycling bucket, and lastly my NATO bucket which is any crimped military brass. I don't get much of the last category so I never considered a 1050. I usually give the gallon container to friends who have a 1050 when it's full, not worth the trouble to pull out my Super Swage

Well, the plan is to keep the 650. I'll just deal with the small amounts of difficult brass. Eventually, I may end up with a 1050 for 9mm only. Then just use the 650 for 45,44,10mm.

Same thoughts. Would have got a 1050 but a hell of a lot of money for caliber conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd just invest in a swageit for the 650, or a Dillon swager. I use the swageit ONLY when I pick up range brass. I run everything through the deprime/swage cycle. From then on I keep my own brass separate from any range pickup so I don't have to swage it. Just my method. I'm sure the 1050 is amazing. I just don't care for the cost of caliber conversions. I've had my 650 and 3 SDB's for going on 30 years. Gave 2 SDB's to my sons when they left. Still have the other one mounted next to my 650.