Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help in valuing a used CZ SP-01 w CGW upgrades

chp5

I'm thinking about trading for a locally owed CZ 75 SP-01 with CGW upgrades. I'm looking for help in determining the trade value, as I'm not a CZ expert. I don't know the owner personally, but he has excellent feedback on the local gun forum for private sales. He is not a competitive shooter.
I will be able to inspect it, but I don't think there's an opportunity to shoot it before I trade for it.

Here's his ad:

2014 CZ SP-01 with the following upgrades:

(4)- 18 round CZ Mags
LPA adjustable rear sight
Hi-Viz fiber optic front sight
Box & Docs
CompTac IWB Holster (don't care)
Blackpoint Tactical OD Green holster (don't care)

Cajun Gun Works installed parts:

CGW Short Reset Kit- Disconnector, Springs, Pins
Extended Firing Pin
CGW Lifter w/Spring
CGW Trigger Return Spring
HS-13 Hammer Spring
11LB Recoil Spring
Action Professionally Polished

He says he has approx $1,000 into it.

Thanks for your help and any advice. Pic below.

A very similarly equipped SP-01 new through CGW would run around $1K without allthe mags and other accessories. If the pistol is in excellent condition l would offer $975-1000.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The one important item left from the list is either the race hammer and adjustable sear or the CZ Custom comp hammer and adjustable sear. Cost of those is $115 plus shipping, IIRC. If the seller has the CGW Pro Package then it is on the gun. If the seller bought parts and installed them, it probably is not. An SP-01 from CGW with the Pro Package and without the adjustable sights and fiber optic front sight costs $995.00.

The one important item left from the list is either the race hammer and adjustable sear or the CZ Custom comp hammer and adjustable sear. Cost of those is $115 plus shipping, IIRC. If the seller has the CGW Pro Package then it is on the gun. If the seller bought parts and installed them, it probably is not. An SP-01 from CGW with the Pro Package and without the adjustable sights and fiber optic front sight costs $995.00.

I'll ask the seller, but I'm almost positive he got the "Defensive Carry Package." https://cajungunworks.com/product/75-series-defensive-carry-package-338-00/

I'd believe he has ~$1K into it, but you didn't mention his asking price.

Value is a personal thing, I have lots of CZs and am very confident in them, so "like new" is not something I'm willing to pay hundreds of dollars for, if you're patient you can get a well-loved Shadow for ~$1K. If you want an SP01 right now, paying close to retail for one might be something you're willing to do.

Edited by kneelingatlas

I'd believe he has ~$1K into it, but you didn't mention his asking price.

Value is a personal thing, I have lots of CZs and am very confident in them, so "like new" is not something I'm willing to pay hundreds of dollars for, if you're patient you can get a well-loved Shadow for ~$1K. If you want an SP01 right now, paying close to retail for one might be something you're willing to do.

He's looking for trades only. I have a 3rd Gen G19 for trade (trade value around $450) plus either some cash or possibly another gun with trade value around $500 or so.

So where would you estimate the trade value of the SP-01 package? Thx.

Trades are a funny thing, is your Glock bone stock? Like new? If you're both going to get retail price for what you've got I guess it's fair.

I would imagine someone might give him $1K for that package since SP01s aren't on many shelves and the work is already done with no wait, but for me personally I wouldn't pay more than I would for a Stock SP01 since I would redo all the work myself anyway :)

To me, "professional trigger job" means quick and dirty, the low hanging fruit; because I do much more thorough trigger jobs on my guns, there's still work to be done, the same goes for the short reset disco: I'd bet it's the "drop-in" Type 2, but on SP01s I hand fit the Type 1. I would also change the sights, trigger, safeties, hammer spring plug, and mag release so to me it would be worth ~$700.

That's worth about $700 for the gun and the go fast parts (to me). Like you I have little interest in either holster. There is no race hammer and no disco, that's about $150 for the final pieces of the action. If he had those I'd say $800-850 since he has the mags

I saw that on ODT too. Still needs sights, hammer, disco to be "done", assuming he did a good job on the polish. The aftermarket parts he has installed is basically the SRS-1 and the trigger pin, RPTRS it sounds like, which isn't a bad setup for an FPB CZ. If you want it for competition, you'll probably want that disco/hammer kit.

Edited by ArrDave