Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rain Rain GO AWAY!

mreed911

Spring in Texas... and it's a wet one.

I've now had the only two matches I registered for get rained out in the last three weeks. To make it worse, today, had I chosen a different match location (there were three within two hours of me) to either of the other two I'd have been able to shoot.

I wish there were more indoor local matches in the central Texas area. Might be worth driving to Houston some Thursday to shoot the evening indoor match at Shiloh.

As-is, as wet as it is, I'm not sure when the weather will break to be able to shoot another weekend. We need the rain, but the lakes are full and it can stop now!

/rant :)

• 3 weeks later...

It's three weeks since this post and I hope you haven't been swept into the Gulf.

Granbury is just down the road from me & I'm starting to take bets on when the whole town will disappear into the Brazos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 years ago my FIL wanted to go out to a waterside catfish restaurant for Father's Day. Nearest we could find was a restaurant/marina on Lake Granbury.

The dock was closed as the water was a good 30 yards away with a 15' drop onto rocks from dockside.

Now I'd wager the whole place is underwater.

It's been a challenge. Finally got to a local match today and one of the local instructors is working with another club to offer some midweek matches. Most of our Texas majors are coming up (DoubleTap, sectionals, state, etc.) and the more range time I can get the better.

I'm in Austin - not getting it as bad as Houston, but all the lakes here are closed to recreation because of the amount of floodwater they're allowing through (strong currents, whitecaps, debris).

We are not totally under water here, my part of town stays pretty dry though. Family in Elgin came down a few weeks ago, the Brazos is in seriously bad condition.

You coming down for the Texas State in Rosenberg MReed?

I am! I shot the match at CCC in Navasota yesterday. Was damp and I had to take the long way around because the Brazos is still way high, but it was good to get time behind the gun again! I'll be at DoubleTap first, then LSI and Area 6 (both in Rosenberg, right?).