Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timer And Chronographs?

Hi I am fairly new here .been wondering around and seen allot of loader say a chronograph is needed. and I realized I need a timer for improving practice skills.

Are the combo units good or separate components better?

Never even seen a chronograph barely can spell it any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks Rob

If you've got a tripod already laying around, consider ordering the (sold separately) rail for the skyscreens. If no tripod, you could mount the sensors to a hunk of wood, and place that on top of a barrel or something. As far as not shooting your skyscreens goes, set up a target as an aiming point, and make sure before you pull the trigger that the skyscreens are level and straight......

BTW, I concur on the Mk. IV......

If you've got a tripod already laying around, consider ordering the (sold separately) rail for the skyscreens.  If no tripod, you could mount the sensors to a hunk of wood, and place that on top of a barrel or something.  As far as not shooting your skyscreens goes, set up a target as an aiming point, and make sure before you pull the trigger that the skyscreens are level and straight......

BTW, I concur on the Mk. IV......

I tape a target to the screens. I've tried both in front (so I don't see the screens) and in back (so I focus through the screens). Both work well. I've used the target in front of the screen when shooting through my chronograph 100yds down range with a rifle. This is a great way to get "real" BC figures for a bullet. You get the MV, then the down range figure and most software will calculate an actual BC.

As Nik said, make sure the screens are level and straight, and get them high enough (or you get low enough) so the bullet passes straight through. It is real easy to get them low, which means the bullet is going at a downward angle. That makes it easy to shoot the screen.