Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited 10 question. 10+1?

gunner50

Nik, you missed the point. The point was, if he shoots 10 and is at slide lock....not all guns will lock back at an empty mag...I never said anything about an unloaded start....but even so, he could also fire 11 and have the slide forward...on a loaded start...

Whether the RO was in a position to see the shooter rack the slide or not is immaterial to the situation...think a 10 round course of fire..

Nik, you missed the point. The point was, if he shoots 10 and is at slide lock....not all guns will lock back at an empty mag...I never said anything about an unloaded start....but even so, he could also fire 11 and have the slide forward...on a loaded start...

Whether the RO was in a position to see the shooter rack the slide or not is immaterial to the situation...think a 10 round course of fire..

My point was the shooter doesn't have to fire twelve. If he fires 11 on a loaded start, and then doesn't need to rack or drop the slide prior to firing round 12 -- it's a move to open. Same thing with unloaded starts, where the shooter doesn't top off the gun after the start and fires 11 without dropping or racking the slide after inserting the second mag.....

So yes -- anytime the shooter fires enough rounds to empty the gun, an RO should be in position to ascertain whether one of those two things occurred.....

Also ten round course of fire, unloaded start -- shooter fires ten rounds and racks one out of the chamber at IYAFUASC, move to open. Basically anytime you're certain that the shooter had more rounds in a mag then allowed after a start signal, the call's the same.

Another thing I have seen is a guy will make ready, then at the start pull the trigger nothing happens. When he racks the slide the R.O. needs to see if a round is racked out, if not and he fires 10 rounds, does a mag change and there is still one in the chamber, it's a bump to open.

If there is 11 rounds in a magazine after the start signal, it's a bump to open.

Range Officers should count all shots and watch all targets being engaged, pay attention to the reloads and if the shooter had more than 10 rounds in a magazine make the call to move the shooter to open.

Thank you. I will be saving this thread and showing the next RO. Lol. I was skeptical but I believe what I have been doing is right. Now to worry about something else I'm sure I'm doing wrong. All good information. Limited 10 isn't big around my parts. And I have never shot against anyone in limited 10 in my squad.

Since at a match, this thread means nothing, Index and carry your rule book. That is what they are for :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027603PC/ref=s9_zwish_hd_bw_bXCtfP_g229_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_r=1Z3GKM0BTB228V6MRRDX&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=a02c4a34-4354-5642-8271-e542cdf47b9b&pf_rd_i=490693011

Since at a match, this thread means nothing, Index and carry your rule book. That is what they are for :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027603PC/ref=s9_zwish_hd_bw_bXCtfP_g229_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_r=1Z3GKM0BTB228V6MRRDX&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=a02c4a34-4354-5642-8271-e542cdf47b9b&pf_rd_i=490693011

Roger that. It was a joke. Lol. Thanks to the specific rules that were stated I will be able to mark them easier. I feel more confident with the cerification that was presented.

It seems to me, unless there's a big cadre of Limited 10 shooters at your club or you have the misfortune of living in a ban state, that you should just go ahead and shoot Limited and skip the drama.

It seems to me, unless there's a big cadre of Limited 10 shooters at your club or you have the misfortune of living in a ban state, that you should just go ahead and shoot Limited and skip the drama.

He could, although some folks like the challenge of stage planning and reloading at 10-round capacity. It's pretty intriguing to watch 8- and 10-round shooters shoot a stage, not to mention revolver major. Gotta be pretty creative compared to, say, the 30-round Open folks (who, naturally, have to be extremely fast to keep up with each other!).

Then I guess there are the very few who might enter Lim10 at a major match with the hope of winning it due to the less competition...nah, that'd never happen :devil:

Edited by teros135

He could, although some folks like the challenge of stage planning and reloading at 10-round capacity. It's pretty intriguing to watch 8- and 10-round shooters shoot a stage, not to mention revolver major. Gotta be pretty creative compared to, say, the 30-round Open folks (who, naturally, have to be extremely fast to keep up with each other!).

Then I guess there are the very few who might enter Lim10 at a major match with the hope of winning it due to the less competition...nah, that'd never happen :devil:

Yeah, I've seen some revo major shooters run a stage and I was thinking "What the hell?" They come up with some weird plans!

Yeah, I've seen some revo major shooters run a stage and I was thinking "What the hell?" They come up with some weird plans!

I like their creativity. With lower capacity you have to think more flexibly and can't just plug along in a straight line. Memory also seems more important with 6-8-10 round stage plans, since they'll often take parts of arrays, move while reloading, and take the remaining target and some targets from the next array. (I've actually thought about shooting "Production 8" at a local match just to see what that feels like :goof: )

I like the challenge of L10. I also like looking at the over all and seeing how many limited and open shooters I beat. If anyone said it wasn't harder in L-10 then put your money where your mouth is and shoot it. Lol. The only thing I don't like about it is having 5 mags on my belt. I look ridiculous. I feel like I'm headed to war with lightley loaded mags. That's not my style. Since I change mags more then twice as much as limited.....my mags changes are getting faster.

I like the challenge of L10. I also like looking at the over all and seeing how many limited and open shooters I beat. If anyone said it wasn't harder in L-10 then put your money where your mouth is and shoot it. Lol. The only thing I don't like about it is having 5 mags on my belt. I look ridiculous. I feel like I'm headed to war with lightley loaded mags. That's not my style. Since I change mags more then twice as much as limited.....my mags changes are getting faster.

You are actually closer to Production than Limited...With the mags anyway...I carry 6 on my belt for Production

You are actually closer to Production than Limited...With the mags anyway...I carry 6 on my belt for Production

Well, but Production isn't Major ... doesn't have a magwell ... lighter guns and lesser triggers than 2011s ... no mag right in front of you ... no speed holster ... etc.

Well, but Production isn't Major ... doesn't have a magwell ... lighter guns and lesser triggers than 2011s ... no mag right in front of you ... no speed holster ... etc.

Hence the part about "With the mags anyway"...

Is it legal to put a mag infront with limited and L-10? I was under the impression it wasn't legal. In USPSA

Only difference between L10 and Limited is magazine capacity.