Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spring Time Fun

tightloop

Getting out on the lake or stream or even in the salt water and doing a little fishing with the fly rod...

Put the kayak in the water to day and caught a couple dozen spawning bass on poppers...great day outdoors....

:P

Tightloop, you make me miss fishing the coast. Gotta split time between shooting and fishing. I went bowfishing on Twin Butes in San Angelo two weeks ago(I know it isn't real fishing) and had a blast. TXAG

TL

I am packin my father in the truck and the boat on the trailer and headin' to Islamorada tomorrow!!!

Gonna hook him up with some Tarpon on bait, then gonna get some shots for me on fly!!!

Will report back on Thursday night!!

Our odd weather here has kept the trout waters kind of flooded the past few weeks. The weather is finally becoming more stable, so I've got to hit some trout streams in the next week. We caught a few largemouths last week though.

I have a Heritage Fisherman, sit on top...two dry storage compartments, 13'9" long, built in beverage holder between your legs and two rod holders, and an anchor...and a paddle holder on the side...weighs 55 lbs

Also had a different one last yr..also a Heritage but it was the Explorer, 11'6" long and sit in...not as good for fishing as my new one...

Gotta be aerial photography time!! Nothing quite as green and verdant and succulent looking as the southern Willamette Valley in May. Not to mention that I need to pump up my aerial archive photo collection... B)