Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any one using AA7 with 115s in 38 SC?

MrRick

I just tried a 100 rounds of 10.8gr and 115s in my DVC and I was pretty impressed with it. I only had a little bit but want to see what are the thoughts of those that are using it or have used it. I'm currently shooting 9.5gr of HS6 and I find AA7 flatter and easier to track the dot. I also find it a lot cleaner than HS6.

That is exactly my load. 10.8 gr with 115 grain MG HP. AA7 works the comp in my Trubor better than any other powder I have tried. Shoots flat. Glad I tried it. Burns clean at 170 PF.

Edited by 191138sc

AA#7 is my favorite powder for 38 super major. Been using it since the 175pf days and have always liked it.

In my guns a 115 gr MG JHP @ 1.235" or 115 MG FMJ/CMJ @1.250" with 10.8 grains AA#7 will get me to major - barely. I use 11.2 grains of AA# for a nice 170-ish pf load (Schuemann 5.4" barrel with three ports).

Ok I see you running ports. I'm running the factory DVC barrel. I'm going to run the last bit of AA7 I have through the chrono at 10.8, 11 and maybe 11.2 and see the results.

I'm new to open and 38 super but I've started with AA#7 with BBI 125s at 9.3grns making 170pf and I love it. The extreme spread was 16 and deviation was 7 and it shoots a awsome group and is soft

I haven't been able to chrono yet, but I did try some 11.0 and 11.2 loads. I liked the dot tracking of the 10.8 but the accuracy out of 11.2 was AWESOME. Did a 28 round rapid fire and I have never been able to cut out a hole off the target at 15 yards. Weather needs to improve fast so I can chrono this loads. Just ordered 16 lbs of this stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I loaded 11.7 under a 115. Gives me a 185 from my open tanfo. 2 poppet holes and big comp. Really flat load. I wouldn't go that high but it works great

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk