Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger bar support spring tuning

LeviSS

How is this spring supposed to be in there?

I took my SP-01 Tactical apart a few weeks ago and had some problems with my trigger being clunky. It was suggested that my trigger support spring needed some tweaking. I thought I had it right, but I'm having some issues from time to time.

Whats the right way? It should ride in the grooves under the trigger bar, but how much "lift" should it provide?

How is it supposed to function?

All i've ever done is make sure they have enough bend in them not to protrude into the mag and enough to lift to engage the trigger bar. I can't quantify "enough" for you sorry. That and making sure the screw that holds it and the mag spring in is super tight. Again, no real numbers, just subjective.

When looking from the rear of the gun. The right side should come about 1/8 above the bottom of the trigger bar when you pull the spring out of the groove to the inside. The left side should just lightly touch the trigger bar.

Make sure both ride in the groove on the bottom of the trigger bar.

I find some of the things I've read on the trigger bar spring to be very very strange. The factory recommends that it be the same on both sides, not one side higher than the other. In playing with a variety of top shooters CZs I've yet to hear anyone talk about messing with that spring to tune their guns, but maybe I've just missed that?

A thought about the trigger bar spring. Its purpose is to return the trigger bar to its normal position (all the way up, if i have it right). If it doesn't return all the way it can slip under the disconnector ears and not allow double-action movement of the hammer. So it needs to be returned to its original position, although there seems to be some conjecture about how much pressure it needs to do that (i.e., how far up the spring arms are up at rest). Anybody have more on that?

I find some of the things I've read on the trigger bar spring to be very very strange. The factory recommends that it be the same on both sides, not one side higher than the other. In playing with a variety of top shooters CZs I've yet to hear anyone talk about messing with that spring to tune their guns, but maybe I've just missed that?

The trigger bar spring only becomes an issue in the guns with a firing pin block, because it effects the timing of the reset.

With a shadow or other non fpb gun there is no need to mess with it.