Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thoughts on Infinity trigger group

twister

I recently bought a 9mm Range Officer, and would like to upgrade the trigger parts for a lighter trigger pull. I'm looking at a trigger group from Infinty and wanted to know if anyone else has used it? Any help on this is appreciated, Dave.

Infinity is quality stuff. I thought about using their parts in my RO but decided to go with egw parts instead and have been very pleased. I also went with and sti trigger. It was way cheaper and from what I've read and heard is as good. It's also lighter in weight than the sv so in theory equals less mass and force to push the trigger back. You can't go wrong with infinity though.

Been doing work on 1911's for 40+ years

All of the major players tool steel parts are as good as the others, mostly depends what look you want for your hammer

I prefer the EGW stuff, seems to have the best prep work on it, but you won't go wrong with SVI either

Bob, you can convert your ILS to conventional for just a few dollars and an adjustment of the sear spring. You do not have to swap out any other components unless you want to. Take your MSH apart and jettison the ILS parts. Replace them with 1911 standard parts and either a Wolff 18lb of ISMI 19lb mainspring. Any lighter than that an you will begin having problems with ignition. If you want lighter, replace the Ti firing pin with a SS one. You can easily get down to 3.5lbs using this technique. After about 300-400 rounds the trigger will smooth out. If you can't ait, have someone kiss the hammer hooks and the sear nose. They will last you many. many thousands of rounds before you have to touch them again.

I love SVI parts. They are all beautifully made and they work. When it comes to hammers and sears, I use EGW. Cylinder & Slide isn't bad either, but I prefer EGW. If you are going to upgrade your trigger group parts, but their kit. You'll save a few bucks.

BTW, about the only thing SVI I don't like is their trigger for 1911. First, it is quite oversized. Second, it is soo light and delicate you have to be very careful fitting and handling it. If you are looking for light but less delicate, take a look at Wilsons light trigger. It's a beauty and it has front tabs to adjust pre-travel.

Edited by zzt