Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz Sp-01 Production "wanna-be"

sfinney

Just got my new Production gun today (at least I hope it will be).... the dreaded CZ 75 SP-01. :D

Has a nice heft to it, ambi safeties (which you don't use in Production anyway, hammer down), the dreaded extended dust cover/light attachment rail, slightly longer beavertail, some very mild cast serrations/checkering on the front and back strap (which I'll cover with EricW's grip tape :P ), 2 18 rd mags (yes the tubes are longer, not just ext. base pads) and a mildly factory beveled magwell (about like a Beretta Vertec). I had Angus put on a set of his CZ Competiton sights, and work over the trigger.... NICE DA/SA trigger, thanks Angus!

Street price for the base version will be somewhere in the $575 range for the base model from what I've hard..... heck of a deal.

Just thought I'd put of a picture of what all the fuss is about :blink:

post-1837-1114140450_thumb.jpg

Just got my new  Production gun today (at least I hope it will be).... the dreaded CZ 75 SP-01.  :D

Has a nice heft to it, ambi safeties (which you don't use in Production anyway, hammer down), the dreaded extended dust cover/light attachment rail, slightly longer beavertail, some very mild cast serrations/checkering on the front and back strap (which I'll cover with EricW's grip tape  :P  ), 2 18 rd mags (yes the tubes are longer, not just ext. base pads) and a mildly factory beveled magwell (about like a Beretta Vertec). I had Angus put on a set of his CZ Competiton sights, and work over the trigger.... NICE DA/SA trigger, thanks Angus!

Street price for the base version will be somewhere in  the $550 - 600 range for the standard model, rumor has it.

Just thought I'd put of a picture of what all the fuss is about  :blink:

Dude... you're gonna win every major match that you enter into with that thing! :P

Seriously, though... nice blaster! Let us know how it shoots.

Thanks for the pic - very cool gun.

At $575, its almost 1/3 of the price of some Production race guns & seems to come ready to shoot right out of the box - I especially like the new Scott Warren style fixed rear rights (using those on the 85 Combat now too & worth every penny).

I understand that another 100 guns are headed to the US market as we speak & should be for sale for aforementioned $575 soon. Once you get it to the range, can you post a range report? Is it accurate? Reliable? How is the trigger? Regards, D.C. Johnson

Shot about 300 rounds through it today.... half Blazer, half Win white box.

Guns shoots very nice! Contrary to popular belief/expectations, it still had muzzle flip; yes you have to watch the sights, even with a steel dust cover :P

But a pretty soft shooting gun.... I'd say not much more so than a G34 with tungsten guide rod, and the right grip - IMHO.

But the trigger is great! (at least for me; I can't shoot staple guns evidently!)

Had a few failures to fully extract/throw the brass clear with the alum Blazer.... ran fine with brass casings. (Matt, you're right, CZ's seem to be picky about Blazer.) Very accurate.

With the CZ factory competition sight, no need for Bomars.... I mean its not adj, but it is very Bomar like sight picture.

I don't no if there is enough meat or not for Bomars... EAA / Tanfoglio have offered their LPA cut "Super Sights" (Bomar knock off) for years on similar guns, you'd think its possible.