Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Sticky" cases

I am a 550 fan, when I start getting sticky brass, I give the funnel a good polishing with a used dryer sheet. It seems to work for a long time. I started using the dryer sheets to wipe down everything on the press that doesn't get grease. Works great.

I'm a fan of using dryer sheets as well, but never thought about using them to lubricate my powder measure.

At the end of a session, I always place one in the powder measure after draining it. Remove before filling with powder and it cuts way down on grains sticking to the sides of the powder measure.

And no lie, if you go to Wal-Mart they have man scented dryer sheets. Keeps the reloading bench from smelling, well... to foo-fooey?

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a 550 fan, when I start getting sticky brass, I give the funnel a good polishing with a used dryer sheet. It seems to work for a long time. I started using the dryer sheets to wipe down everything on the press that doesn't get grease. Works great.

Great idea. I will try this this weekend. I noticed that when I ran out of Winchester brass and switched over to Federal that the Federal was constantly sticking. Both were tumbled with just walnut media.

Edited by beckham

Having the STICKY issue on my 550's powder die with new STARLINE 10mm brass.

Going to try tumbling the new brass a bit and the dryer sheet trick.

Great site...always answers my questions.