Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First DQ last night.

Frieday

Last night was our local practice for USPSA. We had already finished 1 stage and were on to stage 2. Stage 1 had gone well for me. I had a decent time and even called some mikes into hard cover and was able to make them up. On stage 2, sound of the buzzer and I'm off! Everything was going swimmingly until I got to the 3rd array and the gun stops going bang. I looked and somehow I have a live round in my chamber but my slide is locked back trying to feed another round from the mag. So I drop the mag into my hand, a live round falls loose from the magwell and the slide racks forward. I think "alright back to work", I slam the mag back in and to my surprise the gun goes BANG! Evidently I must have had my stubby finger on the trigger. I knew right then I was done. So I stopped myself to unload and show clear. Some people watching said the round went into the floor, others said into the ceiling. They knew better than I, because I had no idea, other than down range.

To top it off I just finished the NROI Level 1 Seminar this past weekend. So a serious lesson was learned and I know I need to be more conscious of my trigger finger.

• 1 month later...

I just had my first DQ the Saturday before Area 1. It was on a retreat stage and I tripped and broke the 180. After reviewing the video in which I was in denial of the 180 It took me several times before I actuality found where I broke the 180. But the finger was outside the trigger guard so... I guess in the end I need to watch my clumsy feet.. It is not if..its when. SHOOT STRAIGHT AND STAY SAFE!