Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheap 62gr Bullets

ryan45kim

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody has tried these?

If that 62 grain bullet will hold MOA, I think it would be the hot ticket for three gun, 62 grain no tungsten core and $40 a thousand. Horaday’s 55 grain FMJ is more than that, roughly $50 a thousand before shipping.

I have never heard of a three gun match that needs more accuracy than that, (if you miss with a rifle that shoots MOA its you not the gun) that’s 4 inch groups at 400 yards.

I have ordered some (have not arrived yet) but I’m surprised nobody else has tried them.

Looks like you are the testing agent.Contact the company and tell them what you have in mind and will be posting the results,and if sales increase you may experience the wonder of gratitude from both fellow shooters and the company.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought some 55's and 62's.

I shot some 55's with 26 grains of A2230C (probably ~3130 fps) at steel (200-300 yards) and I was missing like crazy. It could be that rifle's zero was incompatible with the load(zeroed with 69 Noslers). But I don't know... I got a feeling that this bullet may just suck. :P

I'm gonna have to shoot groups to make sure.

I haven't shot the 62's yet. But it looks like the cannelure is located in the wrong spot. I loaded some 62's to shoot groups with and the cannelure was not visible when loaded to ~2.25" OAL. The cannelure on the 55's look like they are OK.

Also my scale says the 62's are 61.3-4 grains.

I have a feeling that these bullets with A2230C aren't gonna be MOA for me.

I picked them up at their manufacturing area... the equipment didn't look that state of the art for me. Good enough for me for pistol (I shoot their 9's and 40's). I don't know about rifle.

I'm going to the range two Fridays from now. I'll let you guys know how they group.

• 2 weeks later...

I shot these yesterday.

Range is 200 yards. Shot out of a 20" DPMS barrel. FSR primers. Mixed cases. List is sorted by 5-shot group size. Group size measured edge to edge.

Brand Type Weight Charge Powder 3-Shot 5-Shot

Winchester FMJBT 55 26 A2230C 0.45 2.20

Remington Power Lokt 55 FSR 26 A2230C 1.25 2.25

Nosler HPBT 69 25.7 VARGET 0.80 2.70

Nosler HPBT 69 25.7 VARGET 2.20 3.20

Nosler HPBT 69 24.6 A2230C 2.45 4.25

Sierra GK FMJBT 55 24.6 A2230C 2.00 4.30

Golden West FMJBT 55 26 A2230C 3.80 6.00

Golden West FMJBT 62 FSR 24.6 A2230C 3.55 7.00

Of course YMMV.

For me the Golden West will be relegated to < 100 yards or just practice.

• 4 months later...

my mini 14 shoots wolf 62 fmj good too...though its not a MOA rifle with just about any load..it does shoot wolf 62s pretty good.

ive shot some other russian brands like barnaul and they shoot as well as that whitebox winchester fmj