Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P ported .....¿production legal?

watlow

With the ported barrel installed, no for either sport. I don't see it on the list for USPSA production, so I am going to go tentatively with no, however with a non-ported barrel it may be approved if SW sends in the paperwork. I am not sure what IDPA would say about doing that.

It is legal for the Carry Optics division with a non ported barrel. This has been specifically addressed, but..... to shoot CO, you have to have a dot installed. I'm not sure what the status is for Production Division. You could email USPSA and ask them. NROI@uspsa.com, seems to me that would be a bit more official than asking on a chat forum.

Edited by Bkreutz

When I was trying to find the differences in rules between Prod vs. Lim/Lim10...I stumbled across this. http://www.rbgc.org/USPSA/USPSAgear.htm

To Note..."This is a stock division so iron sights of the notch and post design only; nothing electronic and no scopes for your sighting. No compensators or ported barrels allowed so be aware that ported barrels on Glock "C" pistols aren't allowed. Factory available slide ports are allowed so guns like the Glock 34/35 are allowed."

Hope this helps.

What GT wrote is correct. Just change out the barrel. I'm shooting one with a Wilson barrel in CO division, which is basically "Production optics". Of course with that gun you can compete in any USPSA division except revolver, assuming you outfit it correctly.

Well that's because Single Stack is special..... As designed by John Moses Browning, not no sticking wide body double stack magazine plastic frame guns allowed.

I don't need no stinking Division/Classification rules......

Alfonso%20Bedoya%20as%20Gold%20Hat-8x6.j