Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you prove your gun is a STOCK 3?

goldfish

During a recent match the RO said that the gun is not production legal and was told to be moved to Limited or Open. I pointed out the USPSA production legal gun list and the S3 is listed but at the bottom of the list states "Stock custom model is not approved for production division" In this forum we all know what a S3 looks like but not everyone out there is familiar with the Tanfoglio line. The RO pointed out that it only says STOCK on the gun slide and no where else does it say STOCK 3 or (III) . Fortunately someone in the staff is familiar with Tanfoglio line and confirmed that it is a Stock 3 and not a Stock custom. I was able to play production division.

So how do you prove that your gun is a STOCK 3? Is there a data base where the serial number matches the Stock 3 line? I hate to go through this on the next match.

Similarly, for CZ, Accu-Shadow is a listed production model, but no where on the gun does it say Accu-Shadow. It's visually identical to a Shadow SP01 Custom except for Accu-bushing, and the Shadow SP01 Custom does not say "custom" anywhere, its visually identical to a SP01 Shadow. (all of those are production legal)

Bring a printed catalog page from tanfolgio that shows a picture of the gun that looks like your, to show that roll mark doesn't match approved model name?

post-48463-0-61047100-1457730573_thumb.j

BTW, if that was at the recent match in AZ, I think some of the helpers weren't totally up to speed on everything, they tried to also get my buddies Accushadow as fractionally overweight from the list weight, they needed to be shown appendix about the 2 ounce extra allowance. Odds are most places for production you won't be the only one with a Stock III, LOL

Edited by trgt

Shouldn't the argument always favor the shooter if the RO cannot prove his case? It is that way when enforcing a rule, so I would think it would be the same identifying a gun. I would think that if the RO can't prove that your gun isn't what you say it is, the he has no basis to bump you to another division. But to be safe I would keep the Tanfo Stock 3 webpage bookmarked on my smart phone for quick identification.

wait a list of guns with no way to know what is what, is not a great solution for having easy and equally enforced rules?

at least you had an RO that was attempting to enforce the rules (incorrectly however as you can only be bumped to open for non compliance with division requirements 6.2.5.1) we went through 2 USPSA Production nationals where the rules at the time of the match prohibited a plastic grip plug in a GLOCK, I strongly suspect that many if not most of the GLOCKS at those matches had them, yet nobody was moved to open for it, so either I am wrong and everyone knew they were illegal and removed them or something this obvious and easily checked was not either checked or enforced.

sorry for the rant but rules that can not or are not always enforced and enforced equally are bad for the sport.

Tell him that stock is a series of pistols kind of like CZ-75 is a series of numerous variations....and keep product photo on your phone. Ultimately if its a bigger issue trying to prove your point, then the RM will more than likely look it up.